AVIC411.com

Cannot hear the phone ring when calling with BT-Please HELP!

In my F900BT connected with my phone (a palm treo pro with windows CE 6.1) when I make a phone call I don't hear if the phone is ringing, everything is silent until the person I'm calling picks up the phone, if he/she does. If the line is busy I do not hear anysound and the phone call just ends. This is very annoying!!!

Is this a phone setting or a pioneer unit one? do you guys have the same problem? Is this the way is supposed to be?

or does anyone know how to fix this?

thanx in advance :D

I know! With all the smart people in this forum I was hoping to get some help, but it looks like not too many people have this problem or are interested in this topic, except for the two uf us!!!

Mine does the same thing, I think it is just a pioneer setting but I do not know how to change it. It would be awesome if we could get this changed.
It's the same on the Z1/Z2/Z3... On some phones the ringing works, on some it doesn't ... probably something to do with the implementation of bluetooth on the phone...

I'm not sold on this. Same phone - hacked AT&T Tilt. 2 different Pioneer radios - DEH-700BT, AVIC-700BT. I hear the ringing on the DEH, not on the AVIC. I'm sure they are not using the same BT internals, so that's where I'm pointing the problem, not the phone.

Whatever, it's still a bluetooth problem related to the implementation. One phone works fine on my avic, another does not...

Probably a slightly different implementation of the bluetooth stack, or the supported protocols....

I have an AVIC F700 and my Blackberry Bold doesn't ring either when making a call, the person on the other just magically answers.

I do have the Bluetooth software update and the time that it takes for the Blackberry Bold to pair also varies greatly every single time. This is b/c of the phone, not the unit. I know this because the pairing time was also sporadic with the factory nav system in a 2009 Infiniti G37. The BB curve paired quickly and seamlessly, but the Bold isn't so reliable (even though it's a 10x better phone!)

It is a bug with the Avic. And the ringing is intermittent. I have herd it ring on occasion. Just one of the many bugs with the Avic that is yet to be fixed. It is however not a "show stoper" for me. I can still very much use the bluetooth despite this.

It is a bug with the Avic. And the ringing is intermittent. I have herd it ring on occasion. Just one of the many bugs with the Avic that is yet to be fixed. It is however not a "show stoper" for me. I can still very much use the bluetooth despite this.

Except that, as said, it's not just the F-series. The Z1/Z2/Z3 and HD models have the same problem...

The F-series use the Parrot implementation....

• 9 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but I still felt compelled to reply. I have an LG V20. It was not ringing on calls. I got a system update on the phone and it started ringing. A few days later I got another system update on my phone, and it stopped ringing again. Damn this is annoying. Most of the time I will just hit my speaker phone button to hear the ring on the phone.