AVIC411.com

New A2DP workaround?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/22/blue ... peaker-do/

The company's new Bluetooth Audio Receiver sits in your speaker dock in lieu of your iPod, letting you stream music to it from anywhere in the room -- the perfect gift for folks who hate to walk across the room to switch songs (the extremely lazy, for instance). Available in stunning black or pristine white, this bad boy supports Bluetooth 2.1 and should be hitting retailers in Japan sometime in early May, for a price yet to be announced.

090422-bluetribe-01.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the comments at Engadget, here is one that is already on sale for $10.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/o ... geNumber=0

Seems like a good idea. I'd like to try one out once the new iPhone 3.0 firmware is out. Can you have the bluetooth handsfree function of the AVIC connected at the same time as these dongles? I'm not sure it's worth it if you'd lose that ability in order to connect to the A2DP streamer.

• 1 month later...

Got one of these in the mail today, I'll try it out tomorrow (or maybe later tonight, I'm bored)

edit... didn't work (yet). It got power, but did not show up as an ipod on the AVIC. My phone did "discover" it, but it asked for a password, and I'm not sure what the default password is. I tried 1111 and the last 4 digits of the hardware address, neither worked. Wish I had an ipod dock to test it with.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My equipment:

AVIC F-Series 700 w/ massive and ugly iPod cable

16 GB iPhone 3GS

Sprint Anycom Bluetooth Dongle

Ok guys, i literally registered for this forum about 5 minutes ago, just so I could post that this actually works!!!!

I ordered my little Sprint bluetooth dongle, plugged it directly in to that massive and ugly ipod cable, went in to AV settings and switched AV1 to Video, and VOILA!!! streaming stereo bluetooth from my iPhone 3GS!!!

btw, the PIN for the Sprint FIPO is 0000.

i haven't tested whether or not i can still get calls like this, but the iphone does recognize that i'm connected to both the FIPO and the Avic so i don't know why it wouldn't work, but who knows.

anyways, cheers! and go spend $10 so you can stream stereo bluetooth too!!!!!

Awesome! do they sell these at any Sprint store do you have to order online and pay almost 7 bucks for shipping?

not too sure man. I just followed the link from the top of this page And ordered it off of Sprints website. yeah you pay shipping but, no matter how you look at it, you're still paying less than $20 for stereo Bluetooth capabilities, which I wouldve paid a lot more for.

I just confirmed that this works great. The sound is not perfect, but it's not any worse than using an ipod through the same cable. It seems like the phone's connection to the head unit continues to work, I didn't try making any calls but the light was still on and I could see the battery level and signal strength fine. I did get some breakups in the signal for some reason when it was just starting up, maybe cause by interference? It went away on its own. My phone connects up really quickly once I turn the car on, couldn't be any easier. Overall, I'd say it's definitely worth the $16 or so. Only thing that would make it better is if the play/pause/skip track controls worked through the ipod connector, but it's easy enough to use the controls on the phone.