AVIC411.com

New A2DP workaround?

Has anyone had any luck getting the Sprint FIPO working with an X710BT? I hook it up to the iPod connector and pair/start streaming, but the USB (which I've switched to Video) never becomes selectable. I've verified that the FIPO works on a pair of iPod speakers.

I'll be keeping the FIPO either way - It saves my investment in my iPod speakers since I just switched to an Android phone - but I'd love to get it working in the car!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am trying to resurrect this thread. I have a friend from Japan and I had them buy and send me the Bluetribe SBT05 which is bluetooth v2.1 and provides the radio with CRYSTAL CLEAR high bitrate sound. Sounds just as good as an ipod cable, I promise.

I paid $65 to get it here, plugged it in, and realized that I failed to read this whole thread and notice that no matter what, the radio won't display the song info or let you control the iphone...

So someone has got to know how to get this to work. If the device can plug into regular devices and provide AVRCP A2DP etc...i.e. music info and controls, then why can't the Avic F do it.

I understand that the device never supported it originally, but pioneer never intended for modified firmwares and files to be run on the radio.

So it would seem like theres gotta be someone out there that can figure out how to make the radio accept the bluetribe (2.1) or anycom fipo (2.0) and the data that the devices are capable of outputting via the ipod dock cable.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! I know I'm the idiot that bought it before reading the 3rd page, but I don't want to have to buy a new radio just to get my music wirelessly from my iphone with the ability to see what im listening to and control it.

who ever said the the bluetooth hardware that is in the F-series even has those capability built in to it? bluetooth isnt always about software changes, the hardware also has to support this kind of the too, and the companies that choose what parts to use inside of these units can save money by using hardware that doesn't have all of the newest features, if it was all about software, then every bluetooth device would have every option, and thats just not the case, sure most newer phones have most if not all of the newer profiles but then again this is not a new model and there are a lot of old phones that dont support ad2p, or music control.

who ever said the the bluetooth hardware that is in the F-series even has those capability built in to it? bluetooth isnt always about software changes, the hardware also has to support this kind of the too, and the companies that choose what parts to use inside of these units can save money by using hardware that doesn't have all of the newest features, if it was all about software, then every bluetooth device would have every option, and thats just not the case, sure most newer phones have most if not all of the newer profiles but then again this is not a new model and there are a lot of old phones that dont support ad2p, or music control.

Just look how long it took Apple to add A2DP to the iphones!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Used a CD-BTB200 as i had it when i was using my D3. You can still have the built in bluetooth for handsfree and the CD-BTB200 for the A2DP... However its a little interesting to administrate..

I have done the same. Not the cheapest option, but it was litterally the 4th option I tried. The ipod dock a2dp adapters work well enough. However this is the only option that still lets you keep an Ipod connected and control the a2dp device. For me the added bonus is that I have a hands free systems to use with my personal and work phones.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After testing different solutions over the past 3 years, I recommend the BlueAnt Ribbon... it plugs into the front of the unit in the 3.5mm jack by default, but if you have a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable, you can plug it into the auxilary line-in in the back and rout the cable into your center console... they are $38 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/BlueAnt-Ribbon-Bluetooth-Streamer--Headset/dp/B009F4XM48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428406019&sr=8-1&keywords=blueant+ribbon

You will want to plug in the charging cable into the USB port... if you have an ipod already plugged into it, then you'll need to find another way to keep it charged.

• 3 years later...