AVIC411.com

Ok, so I am sure that what I am asking for is on here somewhere, I have been searching and can't find it. I have been messing around with this F90bt for hours, and I finally am making some progress. It boots up, shows splash screen, then goes black. Test mode can be loaded up, but goes black once on the copying screen. So, so far I have reupdated 2.0 firmware, and it stays on now...but it's stuck on the splash screen. I need a copy of the back up files...so I can just re copy it all to my unit. Can someone reference me to where the files are on the net? It will be ever much appreciated.

So I booted up in test mode, copied all that is on "MyFlashDrive" to my SD card, and all the files are not there. I do have data.zip and ezrider, but here is a screenshot of the files currently on my SD card. Excuse the Testmode and MiTACAP, obvious what those are.

301hks0.jpg

I have found out that now my F90bt will boot up to splash screen, and just sit there. I can hit the menu button and it will take me to the menu, making no noise or anything. when I hit the source button, it does nothing but show the button is being pressed. when I hit nav, it brings up the warning screen and that stays there. I can press ok and see it light up blue, but it does not go away. I press contacts on the main screen, it brings up the dialog and says there is no contacts. Seems to me like it is missing a few files to connect the dots, so to speak. What are my options at this point?

You need to tell WinCE to display hidden files or some won't show. It's under edit\options. How big is what you did manage to pull off the avic? over 1GB?

As a starting point, I would delete everything under user\userdata and see if it helps.

This will nuke your phonebook and nav favorites/history.

It wouldn't hurt to download my all-in-one from the FTP as it will auto-replace a ton of possibly corrupted files. Look under the hacks section for the thread. Make sure to read the first post and !readme! thoroughly.

I feel like an idiot...I didn't think to display hidden files/folders on WinCE, and what I have on my SD is a mere 268mb. It's 2:30 AM atm, so I will try what you advised in the morning and see what kind of progress we can get.

Thanks again, and I will update soon as I know something.

Alright, copied new files on there..and I actually copied GTi's modded data.zip and that other file on there...but maybe I shouldnt have yet. Now it boots up, and while its on the splash screen, a dialog box pops up and says

"Failed to create AMMP session."

So I hit ok, and it boots up to main screen, but says system startup in progress...please wait. and that never goes away. Ideas?

EDIT: I replaced the Data.zip back to the original, and deleted the other file from GTiMatt's mod. All files are original, but it's still getting that error. Anyone?

Well, I loaded up the 2.0 update files to an SD card, but getting that AMMP session error, it will not boot up and try to update the firmware. I'm not really sure what else to try...

Anyone know if I can actually delete whats on myflashdisk [once booted into test mode] and then copy whats on my sd card to myflashdisk all in the same session? I was afraid to try that, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I was just being cautious.

So I called Pioneer Tech Support...described my problem and the first thing the guy says is, "Do you have the parking break bypassed? That sound's exactly like what happens." I said, "I do, but the unit has worked flawlessly for several months, never even a hiccup." and he says, "Well it can work right for a while, but the AMMP Session...[blah blah, something to do with hardwire bypass]"

So I guess my next step is to pull that yellow wire out and see if it boots up. If so, replace the wire and see if it will work for another couple of months. Or, do the software mod. Will post an update once I have one.

It sounds like they would be giving you a load of crap to say they can't help you. "Oh, did you bypass it? Ya, that caused your problem then, and since you bypassed it, we can't help you."

I think if this were a bypass issue, you'd see a LOT more of that error showing up on these forums.

Oh I know, I am not nieve. I actually called back and talked to someone else and asked specifically what an "AMMP session" is, and he said it was something in the software, and I asked what if it cannot create AMMP session on start up, and he said that a file some where is corrupt...and he pulled the whole, send it in. He was a jerk...plain and simple. Anyway...I have tried something else...I had 2 sd cards, each 2g. On one was test mode plus the entire myflashdisk back up, on the other was the 2.0 firmware update. booted into testmode, deleted everything in myflashdisk, copied my files/folders from my sd card one by one. after that, still in WinCE, pulled out that sd and put in the other with the update, copied those files manually into myflashdisk. removed that sd, held reset and eject buttons at the same time for 10 secs. Unit booted up, no more AMMP session error...gets to main screen where it shows system start up in progress, but that doesn't go away. Can click on av, play ipod [even though AV is not set right in settings, I know its playing], played cd's and heard the music...map won't come up because when I click ok on the warning screen, warning screen doesn't go away.

So I am going to retry updating 2.0 firmware the way it was supposed to and see how that goes. Any other ideas/suggestions? Anyone know where I can get the myflashdisk files online with the 2.0 already installed? [as in a 2.0 firmware version back up], or even a back up without 2.0 [such as 1.019 so I can back up to that then update]. I will get my unit working...Evidently, one of my back up files is messed up or something is wrong...but I am making progress.