AVIC411.com

FINALLY: NO MORE RED DIAMOND ICON

Or you can add to the sys.txt file:

[poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

With this code, do the icons still crowd causing some to not show?

What I noticed is that the one closest to you shows first followed by the next and so on. I don't show a bunch of POI's, mainly my banks ATM's and Shell gas stations, so it may be different for others.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N-S-E-W wrote:

Or you can add to the sys.txt file:

[poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

With this code, do the icons still crowd causing some to not show?

I added the code and i still got the red diamond in 2d or 3d,it does however show the one closest to you shows first followed by the next and so on

i will change the values from 74 to 79 and report back shortly..

post-30542-12872761796029_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761800845_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761805123_thumb.jpg

Changing the values is the way to go...photos a little fuzzy but it definitely improves the overall experience. Seems to lag a little... It seems as though some pop up just after i pass them while others appear far ahead of me.

post-30542-12872761810097_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761815064_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761819928_thumb.jpg

I am using IDT's mod, Abb's img.res, & DPdurst schemes, I changed the values to 79from 74 in the data file but it did not take care of the diamond, is this because I did not change the branding zip? The one in IDT's mod has all the icons so I thought I could just change the value to 79 but no luck, I also added the code from N-S-E-W

[

poi]
use_multi_poi_icon=0

It did not work either, is this because I have to use your branding.zip? Is there something I can change in the one I have in place to make the hack work?

I had this working but I reinstalled everything and just didn't want to change the branding zip if not necessary, because I have to reassign almost every icon, again.....

I dont think it matters which branding file you use. I am actually using someone else's file that is an edited version of mine and it works fine. You might want to check and make sure the multipoi file is edited properly. There may be something else in IDT's mod that is affecting it as well sense it was working before you reinstalled the mod.

oh.. the multipoi.icon

do you mean remove this

[poi]

use_multi_poi_icon=0

or remove the other text and just leave this?

Hube2002 - VBLUES method is executed in the data.zip. What I posted is an entry to the sys.txt file located in the apl2 folder.

I never saw a diamond on my unit with the sys.txt entry listed above.