AVIC411.com

FINALLY: NO MORE RED DIAMOND ICON

Hube2002 - VBLUES method is executed in the data.zip. What I posted is an entry to the sys.txt file located in the apl2 folder.

I never saw a diamond on my unit with the sys.txt entry listed above.

Thanks, I tried, it didn't work. Can't figure it out. I tried every scenario. Weird thing is I just had this working the other day with just VBLUE42 method but I reverted back to a fresh 3.0 to get rid of any unnecessary stuff I might have added in the past. Then I upgraded to 3.02 and now I can't make it work. Tried every scenario. Not a big deal I just wanted to make a backup of IDT's mod with abb's chrome them cause I have everything looking how I want but I hate to make a backup with unresolved issues.

Could I save space by just staying at 3.0 instead of upgrading it to 3.02?

Is there any big improvement that makes it worth it? I read somewhere that the update took up valuable space?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N-S-E-W wrote:

Or you can add to the sys.txt file:

Hube2002 - VBLUES method is executed in the data.zip. What I posted is an entry to the sys.txt file located in the apl2 folder.

I never saw a diamond on my unit with the sys.txt entry listed above.

N-S-E-W;

You were absolutely correct;

post-30542-12872761883077_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761887367_thumb.jpg

I would have to say after lengthy testing both obviously work but I think the sys.txt modification works best. It seems to separate the icons and space them better. I like the way one appears for a few seconds and then whatever is on top of it or behind it replaces it. Not saying one is better than the other, both may work exactly the same (don't go by my observations, I know nothing) but it just seems to me that with the sys.txt edit you get a broader view of what is around you and it seems more accurate. I still can see the diamond but only in 2D or overview mode. Judge for yourself. Click photos below. They are huge!!!!

I can't wait to go into the city tis weekend . Gonna turn 'em all on.

**Running Abbs Chrome Theme & Abbs Modified IDT Skin#2v3.0 Mod**

post-30542-12872761891992_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761896686_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761900886_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761905248_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761909489_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761913921_thumb.jpg

Hube = Be careful about turning them all on. They can become overbearing, plus it's a pain to turn them off if you decide to. Once you turn them on the main poi category, it in turn turns on all the sub categories as well. But will not turn the subs off when you turn it off in the main. They will all need be done manually. Pain in the ass.

Hube = Be careful about turning them all on. They can become overbearing, plus it's a pain to turn them off if you decide to. Once you turn them on the main poi category, it in turn turns on all the sub categories as well. But will not turn the subs off when you turn it off in the main. They will all need be done manually. Pain in the ass.

Oh Shit!! Good Info.

Can I back up a file for the POI's I have branded so every time I change Data files I don't have to re-brand them all? I guess wiping out the save files erases them all.

Oh Shit!! Good Info.

Can I back up a file for the POI's I have branded so every time I change Data files I don't have to re-brand them all? I guess wiping out the save files erases them all.

I don't know the answer to that one.

I tested this, mine switches them all back off, isn't that what the option is on this screen below, weather the sub-cats take the same action as the main category.

post-30542-12872761918574_thumb.jpg

Just save the "save" files user/userdata/igo/save and the branding file. When you reinstall, restore these files and it may retain your settings.

I dont think it is mandatory. However if it causes problems then you would not want to do that. I have switched between two different mods and retained all of my settings. Doesn't mean it will work the next time I do it but for now, thats the method I am using to retain my settings.