AVIC411.com

F700 splash loading screen then black screen, turns off =(

Hello all, My F700 was working perfect until this morning. Last night I drove about 30 min from dallas to fort worth and was playing music from my ipod nonstop. I feel as though maybe the unit was working too hard and now it has taken a dump. :(

anyway, this morning I remote started my car, like I always do, and when I got in the car and the music was playing(fm) but the screen was black. I freaked. I turned off/on the car and same thing. I hit the reset button and everything reset, and the screen brightness was at 0, I set my presets and adjusted the brightness and was on my way. while driving to the store for some reason i dialed a phone number using the dial pad on the unit, I usually just do the voice command and the unit froze for a couple of seconds. when I came out of the store started the car and no music and no screen. The only thing I see is the loading screen(custom splash) and then the unit turns off. I hear it turn off. no lights, no buttons respond. nothing... :?::?::?:

I have been trying to reset the unit and nothing....

has this happened to anyone? btw, I dont have any mods to the unit except during installation I did the grounded the handbrake wire so I could do the nav while driving.

SOMEONE HELP :oops::oops:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive searched but could not find a concrete answer...do you recommend I download the 2.0 file from pioneer.com and reload the files? my unit came with 2.0 installed so would this affect anything?

another possible solution I found is to reload the virgin 2.0 files which I believe gsxer or something like that has this...where can I get this? also, would I do this via test mode?

someone plz help, im driving around in silence... :cry:

My unit has done this exact same thing! I first noticed a few days ago that when I turn on my park lights, it dims the screen. NEVER done that before...but randomly did then, and I changed the settings so it was 10 on no lights, and park/head lights on. Next morning, started car and splash screen came up and then it goes black...button illumination goes off as well. Been two days since it has worked right, and I am still trying to get it fixed. What I had done so far is re-upload the 2.0 Firmware [http] and then it was freezing on splash screen, but the screen came on. I then booted into test mode, copied all my back up files restoring all the files to factory original 2.0...then the unit tries to boot up. Now on the splash screen I get a pop up message sayings something about "failed to create AMMP session" and I hit ok. I have no idea what that is about, but the unit will boot up to main menu, show the system startup...please wait dialog and that never goes away. Some buttons work, but then the unit restarts. I have no idea where to go from here, but I am going to call pioneer tomorrow. I refuse to send my unit it, and I will fix it myself. You and I are only 2 of the people having this problem, and I don't understand why so many are having this problem. I am starting to think Pioneer has maybe tried updating something in the unit via GPS antenna? Is this possible for them to do? If so...it's fucked our units up.

i just reloaded 2.0 from the pioneer website and it loaded up fine...followed the instructions from the pioneer website http://pioneerusa.com/PUSA/Support/Navigation/AVIC+F-Series+Firmware+Update+Download i got stuck at step five the main menu never came up by itself...i pressed menu and it worked...but some buttons work and some dont...exactly what you just described...then after a couple of mins it just restarts... :cry::cry::cry:

Yeah...it's so odd to me that so many people are having the EXACT same problem happen all of a sudden, this week. Something has changed with our units...and my bet is they are trying to do an OTA [over-the-air] update through the GPS antenna, if that's possible. I'm gonna call tech support tomorrow and see what they have to say, and I will get them to tell me how to fix it because I am not pulling this unit out and boxing it up and sending it to them. I refuse.

Yeah...it's so odd to me that so many people are having the EXACT same problem happen all of a sudden, this week. Something has changed with our units...and my bet is they are trying to do an OTA [over-the-air] update through the GPS antenna, if that's possible. I'm gonna call tech support tomorrow and see what they have to say, and I will get them to tell me how to fix it because I am not pulling this unit out and boxing it up and sending it to them. I refuse.

This is absolutely impossible...

This is absolutely impossible...

Just a thought. I mean, several people having the exact same symptoms around the same time? Don't you think that's kinda odd?

Same crap here. Yesterday around 11:00 a.m. I was driving and using the phone through bluetooth and all of a sudden my screen goes blank and resets. Now my system goes to the splash screen, then main menu screen with the message box reading " system starting up, please wait" but that message box won't go away. I touch screen works and i can use the system as normal, buy it reboots after 3 or 4 minutes and that message box never goes away? I did numerous resets to no avail. Hopefully someone gets an answer soon, as this is very coincedental to have so many people have this same issue now?

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to this list, experienced the same problem last night on my f700 and now the unit is useless. I tried reinstalling the 2.0 update, but it only makes it to 37% than gives error 18 (something about being out of memory). But now at least it will freeze at the splash screen and if I push the map button it will drop me into the brightness settings, and i can move around from there, but nothing actually works. Does anyone have a f700bt backup they can send me so i can try fixing this thing. I can setup a ftp if necessary if you email me at david@struvedesigns.com. I'm really avoiding having to send this thing back to pioneer for repair.