AVIC411.com

F700 splash loading screen then black screen, turns off =(

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep searching guys, ive just gone thru this whole experience too. my solution in the end was the easiest. goto bestbuy, buy the radio, plug it into your car, go into test mode, copy all the files onto yout sd card. plug your radio back in, boot into testmode, if you cant, do the 2.0 update, then you should be able to get into test mode. paste all the files from your sd card that were copied from the new radio, restart and you should be up and running. return the radio. but do some more searching to get details how to do all this. its out there.

Try grabbing my ResetToOEM.zip file from the FTP. Let it auto-install as per the readme included with it. If that doesn't work, try deleting the MyFlashDisk\User\Userdata\ folder on the avic along with the 4 gpsparaxx.bin files in the root directory of MyFlashDisk on the avic.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the exact same issue going on, down to the original posters issues with the screen brightness and such. Happened in the exact order of event. Downloaded the re-updated the deck to 2.0, but now it just gets stuck on the splash screen, and then reboots and does it over and over again... help???!!!???

Mines fixed! Special thanks to 'another gsxr 1k' for giving me access to the virgin f700bt files. I will post more info later, but here is the summary of what i did to get it back to life.

-Pull pioneer update files and do an update like you have 1.x on your F-series

-Acquire all virgin files (1.2gb of data)

-Format create a test mode card and also put those virgin files on a seperate directory on the card

-boot into test mode

-unmount 'my flash disk' then format it

-create partition on 'my flash disk' using all available space and name it Part0

-copy all virgin files to 'my flash disk' (took about an hour)

-remove SD and reboot

-PM 'another gsxr 1k' on where I can paypal a donation

I will go into greater detail when I get back home.

• 3 weeks later...

mines doing the same thing. when i turn the car on now all of a sudden i get the splash screen for 10-15 seconds then black screen/black buttons.

i believe i can get into test mode (if thats the blue screen with white writing) but if i dont make choices fairly quickly the screen just goes black again. im not that great with this kind of stuff so i didnt really understand the steps listed like 2 posts above and i dont really have anything on my unit except my personal settings so is there a need to back it up?

im just a lil confused.

• 4 weeks later...

F700BT.

About a week ago, system ignored bluetooth commands.

Then iTunes started to skip.

Then Pioneer splashed loaded and went to black.

Reset, same splash screen and black.

Downloaded firmware upgrade to SD.

Started install, watched screen update as nav units files erased.

SD files copied 54 % the froze at one of the french voices files.

Got a red screen error message.

Called tech support, asked for the free SD card. 2 week back order.

Tech guy said try a reset. No luck.

Asked if it was under warranty, said I might have to send it in to have the firmware checked out.

Looked at installation instructions and pulled off faceplate.

It was a Best Buy install but bought it from 6save through Amazon.

Should I try to pull it?

How much will it cost to pull it and reinstall?

I'm going to try the 2.0 backgrade...

honestly you should be able to pull it out yourself, read up on how to take the dash off for your type of car, undo a couple screws/bolts pull out and you will see right on top when it was manufactured.

Have you tried going into testmode? How much reading have you done about how to fix your unit on here? I would say about 98% of problems can be fixed if you read through enough posts on here. I would would try getting into testmode and check to see if your MY FLASHDISK has been currupted and is smaller then it should be.