AVIC411.com

Turning OFF the AVIC while moving

Sorry for this question, but I couldn't find an answer:

• is it somehow possible to turn off (and on again) the AVIC while already in motion?

I'm asking this because the other day, when trying to enter the map, the "touch screen" function stoped working and I couldn't do anything in the unit. It was stuck in the nav warning screen.

Thanks for your answers.

Put engine in N, turn car off, turn car on, return to D. :wink:

I kid, I kid. While that would probably work OK,it is potentially very unsafe and I wouldn't actually recommend it. As far as an honest answer, I really don't know of a way to do it... or just haven't learned it yet if there is.

Actually, that is what I do. Say I get in the car in the morning, ipod isn't working for whatever reason...wait til I'm going 15-30MPH, put car in neutral, turn key off, wait a sec, then restart my car, put in drive and go. I wouldn't personally do this going faster than 30MPH, and would recommenced doing it at a stop sign/light.

I also keep that little stylus in my car, and will press the reset button and let off [not hold it for 5 seconds] and that never seemed to do anything other than restart the Avic. All my contacts, settings, etc, etc stayed the same.