AVIC411.com

GPS Auto-Correct Time Issue

Hey guys. I just went on a trip from Texas to Tennessee (both in Central Time Zone GMT-6) via US 40. Something went wonky with the GPS time auto-correct feature. Not sure of the exact moment it occured, but somewhere between Little Rock, Arkansas and Tennessee, the time lost 1.5 hours! It stayed that way during my entire visit in Tennessee, so I had to manually set the time. The GPS satellite status was excellent. On the trip back, I turned on the auto-correct feature again as I approached Little Rock Arkansas, and it worked as advertised. :? Has anyone else had this problem that live in, or traveled through, that area? It was totally weird!

It's a known issue with the version of iGo (8.0) that Pioneer sourced for the AVIC Fs. Mine thinks I'm in Idaho, even though I live in Portland, OR.

The solution is to set the timezone manually if auto-correct doesn't work for your locale. R1 (8.0) got a patch in August or December of '08 to fix it, but the 2.0 firmware didn't appear to get the fix. A Google search on "iGo 8 timezone" will get you the back story on everything as far as the iGo stuff is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...