AVIC411.com

AVIC411 SUMMER ROUNDUP 2009

CANCELED!!! :(

So a couple of days ago I was thinking: Wouldn't be cool to get everyone together and put a face to all of the user names. So I PM'ed JasonH to see what he thought and what do ya know he was thinking the same thing. So here we are, we are calling out to everyone on this forum to plan on a HUGE roundup this summer some time. Now we know that not everyone is going to be able to make it with the current economic situation and the presumed hike in gas prices coming this summer but it would be awesome to get as many people in on this as possible. Now to make this as likely as possible we are probably going to need people with connections with hotels, airfare, travel agents, and anyone else that can help make this a reality. We also dont know what the details will be yet or where it will be held but we are going to post a pole to see where everyone wants to do this. Now, JasonH is in FL and Im in MS and I must say a trip to FL is long overdue. There are beaches, watermarks, Disney Worlds, bars, women and all kinds of cool things to do and opportunities to get to know everyone. But this is in its infancy at this point and were open to any suggestion. Stay tuned to this post for further details.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also thinking about having tee shirts made for everyone that is going to be there. I am envisioning a black tee with white lettering, AVIC411.com across the chest and your username underneath, your unit model on the right breast side and the title of this thread on the back. I will be searching out a silk screen business that will be able to handle the volume of possibly a hundred or more and the payment details will come later. It would be awesome as we all start to arrive at our hotel and are able to tell who is who by the tee shirt. That is, all this is depending on how many of you can actually make it.

Im also thinking about having tee shirts made for everyone that is going to be there.

Awesome idea! I don't think you would be able to do username shirts since that would require the screener to do a different setup each time. A generic AVIC411 Summer Roundup shirt would be awesome though! We could probably get a decent volume discount. I have used zazzle.com before and they're pretty good!

Count me in, a trip to FL is definitely needed :lol:

One suggestion though, if it's being planned for mid summer in Florida, are black shirts really a good idea? lol, maybe white with black lettering?

also, IDK what's down there but when there's big gatherings here, we usually rent out like the Holiday Inn or something similar, with name tags of your User name so everyone knows who your are. That'd be pretty cool.

Jason and VBlue, if anything I can do to help set up, shoot me a PM on what it is, I'll be on it.

Hey guys, I'm in on this deal too. This would be really cool I think. Also I'm with catchme on the white shirts. Also I think it's a great idea to have it near Jason since he is the one that put the whole deal together in the first place.

One thought on promoting this thing: This would be a killer opportunity for some of the non-tech AVIC owners to get help from the experts. This would be a really big deal, trust me. Just think about how many people on here that struggle with the modded files. Also the whole bypass thing. Hell, you could have a class on it. lol

Let me know if there is anything I can do as well.

damn, i wish i could go,

Why cant you?

airfare from here to wherever it's going to be held would cost me atleast 1k bet me and my wife, my wife will be laid off by november so we have to save as much as we could, and some other reasons, i think i'll be happy just seeing pictures of the event

Defintely looking foward to this idea. But with almost 30,000 members, we're gonna need an organized list of members who are more or less likely to attend:

1. JasonH

2. VBLUE42

3. CatchMeIfYouCan631

4. Thomashohl

5. jimmy303

If anyone else wants to attend, just copy/paste the list, add your name, and post.