AVIC411.com

Installing Unit from scratch using uBoot

I had a problem with the unit not booting anymore, also testmode did no longer work... So before I return this unit to the dealer I thought I have some fun with it :

I decided to format the flashdisk; using uBoot and then the option Format MBR. I then loaded the wince, again with uBoot. I used the wince files inluded with the 2.0 firmware update.

Next I loaded a SD with the latest firmware update for europe; the firmware is then upgraded (without maps and stuf). I figured it should now be possible to boot using TESTMODE.

This works up until the system report a MapDBInfo problem. It cannot match the device ID with one of the profiles ( I used EW). Here's the thing. The unit ID is now 0x:0000

I have also tried to add the MAP and DATA folder to the Firmware SD, this works; The upgrade tool reports a new DATA and MAP version.

So here is where I am; The unit boots without splash and starts with the display off. When I press Menu, I get the main menu screen, setting works, NAV and Audio not. Also, the system reports I can only use English(US), Spanish and French. This is an EU unit, so where are the EU languages. The unit ID is reset to 0x:0000.

I think the fix is to reset the unit ID somehow... Anyone ?

Frist, good luck and thanks for sharing your experience.

I would copy all the contents of a previous backupthe and then continue investigating.

What is not clear for me if you have restored the register?

Anyhow, how have you formatted the flash memory if the unit does not start up?

I used uBoot to format the MBR, this seems to completely erease the flash. uBoot is (as far as I can tell) hardcoded in the device. You can get to it by pressing menu,map and eject and then turn on your car. You will have to keep pressing until you get a blue screen. Then do NOT press reset but : Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right. You then get a menu that allows you to upgrade windows ce and do things like format the MBR.

I did not restore the registry, don't know how.

I'm unable to copy all the old files, TESTMODE will not start due to the device ID problem.

I tried copying all my files by putting my backup into a LPUE080 folder on an SD, the device will trigger a firmware update and copies APL, APL2, DATA and MAPS. The device is starting (as with the firmware update) but only in US mode and without NAV, TEL and AV.

• 3 weeks later...
This works up until the system report a MapDBInfo problem. It cannot match the device ID with one of the profiles ( I used EW). Here's the thing. The unit ID is now 0x:0000

you can try use my testmode version.

it can work at any map id

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23632&p=164539#p164539

i include in my build - tools for repair broken AVIC, but before need make backap from working AVIC from YOU region.

i can help only with f90bt UC version.

i try ask in this and 4pda.ru forum for make FULL backup other model for me,

but no anybody help me. only one guys help with f900bt RE version.

2gaia contact with me.

you can try use my testmode version.

it can work at any map id

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23632&p=164539#p164539

i include in my build - tools for repair broken AVIC, but before need make backap from working AVIC from YOU region.

i can help only with f90bt UC version.

i try ask in this and 4pda.ru forum for make FULL backup other model for me,

but no anybody help me. only one guys help with f900bt RE version.

2gaia contact with me.

How does your tools work for repair the broken AVIC's :?:

How does your tools work for repair the broken AVIC's :?:

yes and no :mrgreen:

if you testmode give error, you can use fixed testmode 2.2 .

and in testmode, you can flash avic with right config and wince.

but need backup for it. i has only for f90bt_uc

after, you can start repair iGo and maps.

but if you hardware broken, like bad sector in nand flash,

this software can't help you :mrgreen:

carver where can i get your files from please, i have the us model of the 90bt is that right does UC mean usa ? thanks

yes US=UC. i don't share iGo/MAP disk, it so big, but for repair - you can use my backup, and later restore maps.

http://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7 ... 09984.html

you can flash avic with diskrw tools from testmode 2.2

but, please, read/backup !!!! you SDMLC before, becouse with my file, you also change you SN.

also, i don't give any warranty, no anyboby send me other US/UC image,

so, if anybody can share our image, and send me link,

after formatmbr also - it very fine for me.

so, my full avic f90bt UC backup. with my Serial Number, and Bluetooth MAC :mrgreen:

i think it work for all UC version, like f900 or f700 but don't test it.

also, i don't test ay non UC version, like EW5 or RE.

i delete igo-maps/poi/dem and RealSpeakSolo.

this topic for repair avic, not for repair iGo :mrgreen:

so, if you avic dead, and WINCEIMG.BIN+WINCEIMG.CKS from SD dont help you, you can try this way.

1) download testmode 2.2 with DiskRW tools forom this forum. download/file.php?id=6999

2) start DiskRW from testmode, and READ to SD Card SDMLC and DSK1, it your BACKUP.

3) download my SDMLC and DSK1 backup, extrack it and put to SD card.

http://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7 ... 09984.html WinCE

http://www.4shared.com/file/107628372/c ... Speak.html iGo

4) at avic - WRITE you SDMLC and DSK1 area, from my backup files.

5) reboot and test. if all ok, google for maps and RealSpeakSolo folder, and copy it to avic.

6) if this way don't help, use DiskRW and write you backup back to avic, and wait for other solutions.

7) in any case, don't forgot pack you SDMLC file, and share with me ;-)

so, i wait for feedback.

2gaia contact with me.

Just got back from a short trip; I had my unit replaced at the car dealer. They had a new ones on the shelf, so they just swapped it out. Just took 15 mins. Great service (advantage of a leased car i gues)