AVIC411.com

Help regarding the F90BT

Hello!

I am absolutely brand new to this unit, as well as modding ANYTHING. Please don't mind the n00bishness...TY.

I have installed the unit. A few things:

1)I reinserted the pin into the proper new location for the handbrake bypass. Grounded the parking brake and mute. Fairly straightforward procedure. Still getting a PARKING BRAKE ERROR. Triple checked my connections. Only thing I can think of is maybe the pin from the head unit is not sitting flush in its new location. Having said this, can I simply move on to the software mod, since I am fairly certain I have the proper wires grounded? Or is it strictly one or the other?

2)I have completely forgone the speed sensor cable. Seems to be working fine without it. Is this ok? Will this present issues down the road?

3)Not getting ANY text to speech. Any suggestions?

Any and all help is appreciated. You all really seem to know your AVIC units. Kudos to the forum.

1. As long as the parking brake wire is properly grounded going to the software mod is not going to hurt anything.

2. don't worry about it

3. Make sure you have selected smanatha (she is the TTS) and any onther options for TTS (can't remember all of them its been a while since i have set it.

If i missed anything someone will chime in. Goodluck

Thanks for the info. The TTS was a simple fix. Good to know I don't have to mess with the speed sensor. I don't even want to begin to think of tapping into my car's computer.

I think I have figured out what went wrong with my parking brake ground. Question: The red wire splice apparatus that comes with the unit, that is attached to the parking brake lead, does that automatically cut the wire sheath on another wire(in this case, my ground lead)when you close it? Or must the wire be sheathed first? I was told by a friend that I did not have to cut the sheath first. I listened, even though it would have been no harm to do it anyway. Is this my problem? This is the only thing I can think of!!

Thanks for the help!!!

Unclipped it, it was cut through. Took a multi-meter to all my connections. Parking Brake & Mute are grounded. Pin was relocated correctly. Any suggestions? Maybe its time to move over to the software mod. Just picked up a 2g SD card. Can someone post where I can find the mod I need? Thank you.