AVIC411.com

**No longer taking requests at this time** Custom Images

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may be missing something, but I can't get any of these to work. I followed the instructions on the Wiki page, but it won't work. I'm using CMH's mod...so I opened it up in 7z, replaced 4 of the 6 image files, 7zipped it back up and all I get is a blank screen with words listed under where the icons should be. In fact I can press where the icon should be and it works, but I'm missing icons....and not just the ones I tried to replace. I'm missing ALL of them. Is there another step, or special settings to use when 7ziping Image.res back up?

This is what I did:

Installing Custom Icons

1. install 7zip on your pc

2. look in LPUE080\APL for the file called Image.Res

3. extract all the files from that so you have a \Image\ folder and inside will be all the image files and change which ever you please then you need to 7zip the whole folder and rename it to image.res

4. copy it over to your sd card

5. get into Test Mode and copy the new image.res to the flash disk\APL\ folder

6. remove SD card and reboot

:?:?::?::?:

Sorry y'all, been under the weather. I'll get those images done soon.

Topless Stang, sounds like you're doing everything right. Maybe re-zipping the wrong folder? When you unzip the .res file it opens Image/Image/.. When zipping it back up, you want to zip from the 2nd Image folder. Not the first. 8)