AVIC411.com

AVIC-N5 Bypass Does Not Work

When I got my AVIC-N5 installed, the bypass where you solder the two pins together and ground the parking brake wire was done and it was successfull, but after a few weeks the unit somehow got smart and realized I was watching movies while driving. Now the message comes on that says my parking brake wire is improperly connected and I cannot watch videos if am going 10 mph or over. Can anyone shed any light on this situation? Thanks for your time.

Chris Reynolds

Wichita Falls, Texas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I don't know where to post this, but it is in my opinion the best way to bypass. You will be able to view the navigate screen and watch a movie at the same time.

so here is the scoop...

Equipment you need: one video cable (yup that is it)

So this works if you are using the Hide Away Unit (which everyone has, it is probably under the driver's seat)

First: Plug in the video cable as diagramed below

Second: Turn on the rear camera feature on the display unit.

Third: Set display to the one that shows the rear camera and the map. The screen will be a bit smaller, but we also get the option of driving, knowing where we are going, and watching a movie. (All bench work of course.)

I’ll post a video and pictures when I get the time.

post-43690-12872762492552_thumb.jpg