AVIC411.com

Wireless remote for the AVIC F?

the wired remote plug in the back of the unit is for the steering wheel control adapter to plug into, not an IR extender

I would contend that if someone were enterprising enough, they could build a device that converts IR commands into the relevant voltages that the input expects for the different steering wheel button presses. IR Fast Forward command == Voltage 1 that the steering wheel adapter puts out, IR Rew command == Voltage 2 that the steering wheel adapter puts out, etc. Since that remote input is used by Pioneer and Sony, I wouldn't be surprised if someone (PAC or otherwise) may have already built such a device.

Just saying, nothing is that absolute these days. :D

• 6 months later...

offroaderf150, I actually bought and installed that "waterproof" wireless remote and have it working. It is composed if a unit that plugs into the wired port on the F90BT and a wireless remote that you can put anywhere, though it is a bit large for the steering wheel.

It is still being listed on eBay regularly http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-wireless-WA ... %26ps%3D63 though it's not cheap but it works like a charm. Volume, track, source, seek and mute all work.