AVIC411.com

Am I the only one getting fed up with XM since the merger?

I now have to listen to another market's traffic instead of getting just Philly or Baltimore when I'm in that area (I'm surprised they bothered to leave NYC on it's own channel), they're raising the price on the second radio subscription even though the merger was supposed to keep prices the same and we're not even sure how long they're going to be around with all the debt coming due this year. Don't even get me started on the mangling of the channel line up, the addition of DJs that talk talk talk on what were previously auto-pilot stations and the fact that I manage to hear the same songs so often on the channels I used to listen to without repeats for days I think the play list has gone down to about 3 hours of music on each. That's why I had XM in the first place and not Sirius.

Now I understand the vote with your dollar theory. I have a lifetime subscription for my primary radio and an extended subscription for my second but I'm seriously considering canceling both. I've spoken with the lab rats that answer the phone and complained about the changes but I get the impression they just smile and nod without even hearing what I say.

Anyone know if there is someone really listening at the company or are we all just griping to each other while Howard, Opera, Karmazin, etc. go laughing to the bank? I'd be more than happy to write a letter on paper if I knew it would get a response or even consideration.

The number below gets to XM support in the US, This way you actually talk to an American instead of an Indian. The only time I've been able to get a correct answer to a question was by calling this number. Your issue however is a corporate decision and probably not influential to your desires. But I guess its worth a shot.

800-985-9200

Am I the only one getting fed up with XM since the merger?

I now have to listen to another market's traffic instead of getting just Philly or Baltimore when I'm in that area (I'm surprised they bothered to leave NYC on it's own channel), they're raising the price on the second radio subscription even though the merger was supposed to keep prices the same and we're not even sure how long they're going to be around with all the debt coming due this year. Don't even get me started on the mangling of the channel line up, the addition of DJs that talk talk talk on what were previously auto-pilot stations and the fact that I manage to hear the same songs so often on the channels I used to listen to without repeats for days I think the play list has gone down to about 3 hours of music on each. That's why I had XM in the first place and not Sirius.

Now I understand the vote with your dollar theory. I have a lifetime subscription for my primary radio and an extended subscription for my second but I'm seriously considering canceling both. I've spoken with the lab rats that answer the phone and complained about the changes but I get the impression they just smile and nod without even hearing what I say.

Anyone know if there is someone really listening at the company or are we all just griping to each other while Howard, Opera, Karmazin, etc. go laughing to the bank? I'd be more than happy to write a letter on paper if I knew it would get a response or even consideration.

+10000000

I am very close to cancelling my 2 radios also. Sirius sucks and has allways sucked. WAY too many DJ's babbling. Way short playlists and most of my favorite stations have been replaced with their completely awful Sirius counterparts. At this point nothing would make me happier than to see the whole thing go under and declared a FAILED experiment. It is now nothing but terrestrial radio with less commercials. All of the things that made it worth paying for have pretty much all been stripped away. I've tried complaining through emails and over the suport line. They don't care at all, and are completely ill equipped to deal with these calls and emails. It's a shame that XM had to destroyed in this way.