AVIC411.com

F700Bt and Ipod

i have the newest firmware the 2.0 for my f700bt and it originally recognized an ipod nano, i just bought a brand new ipod classic 120gb and it will recognize it and play but no sound will come out. I hooked up headphones to my ipod and the sound works. Does anybody know what might be the problem, it seems like a setting to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey thanks a lot it worked again. Do you by any chance have a paypal account, i'll send you over $5 if you'd like

Hey there

I'm having the same problem with mine. I've set AV1 to iPod and I still get no sound. The ipod interface shows up on my f700BT, but the sound is missing. Did you just plug in your apple cable to the USB that comes out of the head unit? Or is there a special cable? If it's a special cable, does it have to be attached to the back of the head unit?

Ya, you need to get an ipod cable that has a USB connector and a standard A/V connection on one end.

Like this one: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/301/CD-IU230V/specs.html

You plug the usb part of the cable into the usb that comes out of the back of the AVIC and you also need to connect the A/V portion of the cable to the back of the AVIC as well. If you just use the cable that came with your IPOD, all you will be able to do is get the control interface up on the AVIC. Pioneer sells the appropriate cable, but i believe that any standard ipod cable that has the USB & A/V connections will work as well.

Ya, you need to get an ipod cable that has a USB connector and a standard A/V connection on one end.

Like this one: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/301/CD-IU230V/specs.html

You plug the usb part of the cable into the usb that comes out of the back of the AVIC and you also need to connect the A/V portion of the cable to the back of the AVIC as well. If you just use the cable that came with your IPOD, all you will be able to do is get the control interface up on the AVIC. Pioneer sells the appropriate cable, but i believe that any standard ipod cable that has the USB & A/V connections will work as well.

awesome, thanks