AVIC411.com

2008 Mitsubishi Evo X Install (Lancer/Ralliart/Evo)

I received my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT today, so finally I could get my radio put in. The full install took me about 3.5 hours, and honestly, it went flawlessly. The Evo is by far the easiest car to work on. There's a ton of room.. and I mean a ton of room (behind the dash, glove box, and places to route cables). Everything snaps apart and back together really easily. I think I only had to use a philips screw driver twice. (for the dash trim piece removal, well, and the radio mounts of course)

Parts:

- Pioneer AVIC F700BT

- Pioneer GEX-P920XM

- Scosche Dash Kit

- 2008+ Mitsubishi Radio Harness

I started in the trunk with installing the XM box to get that out of the way. I found the perfect place for it. :cool:

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Used velcro to hold it in place...

IMG_1201.jpg

Then I ran the power and ground over to the battery. The antenna will go straight up on the rear window deck inside. You'll see a picture of that later.

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

The IP-bus cable for the XM unit has to be routed to the front of the car. I removed the back seat bottom to make routing the cable easy, as well as removing the floor trim pieces. Now you have access to the whole cable run tray. The little holders just snap open and closed, so it makes cable routing super easy.

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

From there, the cable gets routed behind the glove box and into the radio area to be plugged in later. I also ran the GPS antenna for the AVIC at the same time to make things easy. I put that on the rear window deck next to the XM receiver.

IMG_1213.jpg

Removed the factory radio.

IMG_1215.jpg

Put the factory vents into the Scosche dash kit.

IMG_1217.jpg

Then I switched gears and felt like running the microphone for the telephone and voice command. I found the perfect spot in the map lights area. It just pops out with no tools required. I routed cable through the headliner and over to the passenger side A-pilar, down behind the rubber stripping, then down behind the glove box and into the radio cavity.

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Now all the cables have been routed and they're awaiting install. I took a short break and worked on the wiring harness. Notice I did the video bypass trick by grounding the 'mute' and 'parking brake' wires. You also have to move the mute wire to a different pin on the harness. The tutorial is found here: http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Hand_Brake_Bypass

IMG_1212.jpg

I then went ahead and put the stock brackets onto the AVIC, plugged everything in, screwed the radio in place, and put the Scosche dash kit on. It looks great!

IMG_1224.jpg

Fitment:

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Here's the GPS and XM antennas on the rear window deck. They're coming through the child restraint door. (I removed it)

IMG_1228.jpg

Put the trunk all back together and put some wire loom on the wires coming from the XM unit.

IMG_1227.jpg

And in case anyone missed it, here's my glove box mod, which enables USB power for connecting a 2.5'' hard drive to the AVIC unit. Tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24072

IMG_1231.jpg

Finally, it's done! I tested for full functionality, GPS, XM, AM, FM, bluetooth...all working!

IMG_1232.jpg

I didn't mess around much.. I threw a custom boot screen on it, put the test mode files on a SD card, then booted it into Windows mode to make some backups of the unit's files before I go about modding it. ^_^

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't have the SSS. Didn't use the speed sensor wire---although it is on the harness that's behind the dash already. It's harness C107 pin 31, white with blue stripe.

Here's the Rockford Amplifier connection method. http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-audi ... works.html

Metra Harness: http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-audi ... -02-a.html

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...