AVIC411.com

Inconsistent loading of Navigation.

I am having the most aggravating problem. Every once in awhile I will start my car everything loads as normal navigation pops up I travel around. Then someties the system boots up and it will hang for ever on the Top Menu (Navigation, Contacts, AV Source) Contacts and AV Source work but Navigation will not I will press the button and it will beep but several seconds later, but stay on the top menu. Sometimes it will be when I first start the car up in the morning it could be after I have been traveling for 5 hours there is no consistency to it. If I just leave it alone after like 10 minutes it will finally come on. Is it updating files or waiting on GPS signal? I am using GTIMatts Data. Any body having this problem?

I am having the most aggravating problem. Every once in awhile I will start my car everything loads as normal navigation pops up I travel around. Then someties the system boots up and it will hang for ever on the Top Menu (Navigation, Contacts, AV Source) Contacts and AV Source work but Navigation will not I will press the button and it will beep but several seconds later, but stay on the top menu. Sometimes it will be when I first start the car up in the morning it could be after I have been traveling for 5 hours there is no consistency to it. If I just leave it alone after like 10 minutes it will finally come on. Is it updating files or waiting on GPS signal? I am using GTIMatts Data. Any body having this problem?

i'm also having some problem's but mine i think is because of m flash drive, when i leave my flash drive plugged in when i turn the car off when i start it back again it sometimes boots up fast and sometimes just hangups on the system loading screen but whenever this happens i can access the navigation no problem it's just taking some time to fully boot the av software, mind you i'm using a 16g flash drive so it really might take a while to read it

Ok I think my problem is not necessarily fixed but I figured out that it only does it the first few times right after a reset. before what I would do when it would hang is reset it and basically it would start the problem over again. I figured out that if i just leave it alone until the map came on (sometimes 20 minutes) it would works as advertised Its been working fine for the last few days and today I reset it because I could not get my phone to connect and the problem was back until I let it do its thing!

I have a theory based on how my GPS-enabled telescope works: after a reset, the unit loses your known position because it clears everything back to the initial out-of-the-box state. As such, it has to do all of the math and see more satellites to figure out where you are. If it already has your last known position, it takes less math to determine that you are still there, then compute the navigation deltas from that point.

When you shutdown the unit, it saves its current position for the next startup, so the next startup takes less time than the initial startup. In the case of the looong startups, that's probably because while it is generating the initial "here" position, you drive away, changing "here" :wink: , so it takes even longer to fingure out where it is. After a reset, if you were to start your car and sit there parked for a few minutes, it would probably sync up sooner.

My telescope does something similar: if you start it at roughly the same place, it will find "here" much faster than if you have moved it to a different place before startup. The owner's manual documents it as having this behavior too.

I'd say that's a very good description :D Although HeyRobi may have another prob causing his reboots. If I drive off before my 500 locks-on it may take a little longer to get a fix, but it never hangs or reboots: after maybe a mile or two it's up and running.

I