AVIC411.com

The 700BT is a Nightmare, all kinds of issues

So I installed my 700BT about a 2 months ago and let me tell you that this is the last Pioneer Navigation I will EVER buy.

Where to start with the issues..............there are so many lol.

After I installed the unit I did the 2.0 update and went out to test how the GPS worked so I punched in a buddys address and off I went. About a half mile down the road the damn thing resets, I'm thinking WTF this isnt normal so I continue on my way. After it FINALLY boots back up it keeps saying Satellite lost..........how the hell is that possible when there is not a cloud in the sky, no trees or houses around me.....its an open area AND the antenna is on the roof. I get home and recheck all my connections and very thing is fine, I put it all back together and give it another shot.............wouldnt you know it the damn thing worked lol.

On to about a week later, the same thing starts happening this time it just kept rebooting. I figure the antenna might be bad so I ordered a new one, but no go...issue even with the new antenna. I go on here and learn that this is a common issue and I deleted a few files as stated in a few threads..............WALA it worked, for about 2 days before it started AGAIN! Now it will navigate for all of a few minutes before it stops responding.

On to issue #2..........Thumbdrives and hard drives are like Kryptonite. I plug in a thumbdrive and it works until I shutoff the car and restart it. When I shut the car off and turn it back on it does not recognize the drives, I have to unplug and replug it in for it to be recognized. I have tried all my thumbdrives which are Sony, Kingston, and Sandisk all different sizes, all of em do it.

Issue #3, I turn the car on let the system boot and guess what..................NO SOUND lol, not even the touch tone sounds, no music from CD's or from drives, but wait it gets better.... the AM/FM radio work fine lol. I have to shut the car off and restart it for the damn thing to fully work.

Issue #4, When I'm using the Blue Tooth feature after a few minutes of talking the system volume will go up and down on its own. I have tried 3 different phones and all of them experience the same issues.

Here is a funny side note, my neighbor bought the 900 and it is doing the same thing with thumb drives, not having sound, but now it wont even stay on for more than 10 minutes when the GPS is on all it does is reboot.

I called Pioneer and they tell me to send the unit in for repair, well wouldnt you know it they could not duplicate the problems, figures :roll:. They reset it to factory and sent it back to me.............do I even have to say what happened when I got it back? The same damn things, I called Pioneer yet AGAIN and I was not nice this time because I spent good money on this unit and it does not work even AFTER sending it out to them. The Customer service rep told me it was an installation issue.......ummmm NO, I know for a fact that it is not an installation issue, the symptoms do not fit their diagnosis. I have been installing car audio for over 10 years and I had 3 other installed check it and all is good and I'm also MECP certified and do this for a living. The unit is not hacked in anyway not hardware or software. So they wanted me to send it out for repair again, which I refused to do, at this point if I cant get this fixed on my own I will just chuck it. I heard rumbling about how bad Pioneer units are, but this is my first one for personal use, I have installed many of them and honestly alot of them came back with similar issues but I figured it was a bad batch or something so I went against my better judgment and picked one up...............big freaking mistake, I should have stayed with the Kenwood. Never in my life did I think Pioneer would release such a inferior product.

I'm hoping someone on here can shine some light on how to fix these issues, because Pioneer has been ZERO help.

sucks to hear you are having so many issues. I got the 900bt and havent really had any problems.

the satellite signal got lost 1 day, and fixed itself next startup, and bluetooth calls are sometimes crappy sounding, but thats my AT&T lol.

but your

"On to issue #2..........Thumbdrives and hard drives are like Kryptonite. I plug in a thumbdrive and it works until I shutoff the car and restart it. When I shut the car off and turn it back on it does not recognize the drives, I have to unplug and replug it in for it to be recognized. I have tried all my thumbdrives which are Sony, Kingston, and Sandisk all different sizes, all of em do it."

try reformatting the drive to 32bit allocation size.. i think it was 32 bit. theres a few threads about it.. something about windoze CE not recognizing files. the search is kinda wonky on this site, but you can find a bit.

good luck with the rest or a return if you can.

sucks to hear you are having so many issues. I got the 900bt and havent really had any problems.

the satellite signal got lost 1 day, and fixed itself next startup, and bluetooth calls are sometimes crappy sounding, but thats my AT&T lol.

but your

"On to issue #2..........Thumbdrives and hard drives are like Kryptonite. I plug in a thumbdrive and it works until I shutoff the car and restart it. When I shut the car off and turn it back on it does not recognize the drives, I have to unplug and replug it in for it to be recognized. I have tried all my thumbdrives which are Sony, Kingston, and Sandisk all different sizes, all of em do it."

try reformatting the drive to 32bit allocation size.. i think it was 32 bit. theres a few threads about it.. something about windoze CE not recognizing files. the search is kinda wonky on this site, but you can find a bit.

good luck with the rest or a return if you can.

All the drives are formatted to FAT32 and 32 Kil.............If I return it I will eat 15%, because it is opened :(. Oh well I'm done with Pioneer from this point on, I'm sticking with Kenwood and Eclipse like I normally do.

I used to be a LOYAL pioneer fan --- only bought pioneer single din decks since I was 16 y/o .. and they were AWESEOME...

Now i'm a kenwood lifer as my DNX8120 and DNX6140 have been flawless...

My F90bt was horrid...

Some people on this forum will tell you it's YOUR fault that you can't "figure out" how to use the Avic .. I'll tell ya (as will MANY others) that it's just a POS and you should eat the 15% now and get a better unit and be happy again, LOL

I used to be a LOYAL pioneer fan --- only bought pioneer single din decks since I was 16 y/o .. and they were AWESEOME...

Now i'm a kenwood lifer as my DNX8120 and DNX6140 have been flawless...

My F90bt was horrid...

Some people on this forum will tell you it's YOUR fault that you can't "figure out" how to use the Avic .. I'll tell ya (as will MANY others) that it's just a POS and you should eat the 15% now and get a better unit and be happy again, LOL

It's a POS hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for now I'm going to keep it.........only for the next month. Honestly I'm going to have alot more fun smashing this thing with my baseball bat. Oh and now the damn thing takes a good 25 seconds to respond to any functions, sorry Pioneer but you really missed the boat on this one.

There's been a lot of complaints about similar problems that you have had. I dunno what it is, it might be a hit or miss kinda thing. I think they just rushed the F series out too fast before they could fully work out all the bugs. You might want to wait until they release a new update and see if that fixes anything before you smash it up with a bat :D I've had a D3, F700, and now a F900 and i've been completely happy with all of them. I'm looking to upgrade to a Z series now. I'm kinda bias though, i've been buying Pioneer since i was 16. I tried to venture out and bought a flip out Clarion and a Double Din Kenwood a few years back but went ran running back to Pioneer because of their design and user interface.