AVIC411.com

Avic F-90BT reboots only while driving

My parking break wire is grounded and I did a software bypass, which has worked 100% fine until now. The first time the error occured I DID get a parking break not connected properly error right before it rebooted, however that has not come up since. I've also checked to make sure the wire is still grounded correctly.

What I really want to try is uploading a complete backup of a factory 900, but I can't seem to locate the files here.

Hey pp.sorry i never replied for awhile i went camping and wasn't near a computer. Anyways i was reading about what everyone was talking about on my phone when i was in the bush (i was abe to read posts but unable to reply) and noted what weponofchoice said about unpluging the GPS antena. I did that and my deck worked fine absoloutly nothing wrong. I drove home with not a prob and still havent had my deck do anything stupid except for having no nav. So i called the place where i purchased the unit from and explained to the guy what was going on and im taking it tomorrow for someone to take a look at. So hopefully someone will fix this isssue bc its still under warenty. And if they figure something out or fix it ill be sure to tell the avic411 pp what the prob was or what was causing this situation so we can try and prevent this from happining to other pp....! A lil note i might add, when i was talking to this dude he said something aboun them not beying able to get a deck to replace it bc it looked like there is a recall on the 90-BT. (maby due to this wierd prob)

I have a F90BT and have been getting similar issue. The rebooting was coupled with a error message on the screen that mentioned a 'Fatal Application Error' with the application ezrider. Ezrider is part of the navigation software. I had to pull mine out and send back to Pioneer to get a complete reflash.

I am not as savy with the hacking stuff so I didnt want to try modifying anything myself. Some have said they made some changes to the files on the unit and had anything from a complete fix to something that got them working temporarily only to have the issue come up again a week or so later.

I should get mine back tomorrow or Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey pp.sorry i never replied for awhile i went camping and wasn't near a computer. Anyways i was reading about what everyone was talking about on my phone when i was in the bush (i was abe to read posts but unable to reply) and noted what weponofchoice said about unpluging the GPS antena. I did that and my deck worked fine absoloutly nothing wrong. I drove home with not a prob and still havent had my deck do anything stupid except for having no nav. So i called the place where i purchased the unit from and explained to the guy what was going on and im taking it tomorrow for someone to take a look at. So hopefully someone will fix this isssue bc its still under warenty. And if they figure something out or fix it ill be sure to tell the avic411 pp what the prob was or what was causing this situation so we can try and prevent this from happining to other pp....! A lil note i might add, when i was talking to this dude he said something aboun them not beying able to get a deck to replace it bc it looked like there is a recall on the 90-BT. (maby due to this wierd prob)

Have you been able to resolve this?

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. I wanted to chime in with my own experience. I recently purchased a used 900bt for $60. My unit did not come with a GPS antenna.I installed/tested it,it works perfect besides not having GPS.I recently got the GPS antenna, installed it and tested it in my driveway and it worked perfect, until I decided on a road test. I got the same results as others here(random reboots) After searching I did the GPS file deletetion and now it works perfect. I suggest before tearing the unit out of the dash for repairs is to atleast try the file deletions first.I suspect the 1st owner sold it cheap because he too thought the unit faulty. I'm very happy with my unit,especially for the price. Goodluck! BTW, my unit has the hardware bypass.

Hey guys. I haven't been here in quite a while. I had finally gotten my F90BT modded just the way I wanted and was loving life. Until recently. I am now having this exact problem here. A couple of weeks ago, while on a 6 hour drive, my Avic started rebooting continually for no apparent reason. I have found that while sitting still or moving very slowly it works beautifully. As soon as I start actually driving it reboots. It actually scared the sh*t out of me the other day when I pulled up to a long red light. The unit actually booted while I was sitting there and started blasting some Zepplin that I was listening to the last time I washed the car. This is definitely not a voltage or wiring issue. All my connections are soldiered and shrink wrapped and testing shows a solid 13.4v.

Before I reload my entire flash disc, what is the gps file deletion I see mentioned here? Exactly which files are you referring to?

Thanks,

Dino

Never mind, I found them. Deleting the gps bin files and user data did not work for me. Actually got a bit better though. It now waits until the music starts playing, gives you about a verse, then reboots. Still working on it.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...