AVIC411.com

Official 2009 Road Show Q&A

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey JasonH can you ask Pioneer when they plan on releasing the new 2009 maps for the Z/N/D series and any kind of info on what the upgrades consist please??? And is it possible to also find out if they are still using TeleAtlas or moving to NAVTEQ
Update should be out in about a month.

The new 3.0 software will be available in the new X-series on both the 710 and 910 but im not sure if its compatible with he older models...i would assume that it should but i am not making any promises...but i played around with the new x-series with the software and man is it so much FASTER than the F series...in terms of navigating through the menus cant wait till the release in july.

but i played around with the new x-series with the software and man is it so much FASTER than the F series...

Let's hope this statement also holds true for the Z series replacement... been waiting for a better build of software on the Z. Plus updated code will be more readily hackable :D

Sounds great regarding the 3.0, nimz. Is the cpu 600Mhz on X-series? If it is, the improvement should be almost the same on F-series.

i didnt get into the bare details of it...so im not sure...sorry...but i can find out the next time i see our regional rep.

So today i was driving and i pulled up next to a white c350 at a stop light. I looked in and saw a guy with a pioneer lanyard around his neck. I looked further and he had a Pioneer avic in his car, but it wasn't hooked up to his dash, it sat in some type of compartment similar to those you see in cop cars. I asked him if that was the new avic line and he said yeah, he wouldn't tell me what model it was as he was tight lipped, but he did say it was suppose to be around 400-500. I asked if it was the new F-series and he said no, but the F series will be getting a new update. Nice guy, i should of followed him until he stopped and snapped some pictures :lol: Can't wait to see what they have lined up.

So today i was driving and i pulled up next to a white c350 at a stop light. I looked in and saw a guy with a pioneer lanyard around his neck. I looked further and he had a Pioneer avic in his car, but it wasn't hooked up to his dash, it sat in some type of compartment similar to those you see in cop cars. I asked him if that was the new avic line and he said yeah, he wouldn't tell me what model it was as he was tight lipped, but he did say it was suppose to be around 400-500. I asked if it was the new F-series and he said no, but the F series will be getting a new update. Nice guy, i should of followed him until he stopped and snapped some pictures :lol: Can't wait to see what they have lined up.

nice...i think that unit must be the AVIC-Linc judging by the description...which is going to remain the same...but just in the north american market we are calling the new F series...the X-series 910 and 710 and the Z is Z110

nice...i think that unit must be the AVIC-Linc judging by the description...which is going to remain the same...but just in the north american market we are calling the new F series...the X-series 910 and 710 and the Z is Z110

Hey NIMZ I swear i seen the AVIC-Linc on the Canadian Pioneer site. http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Products/Navigation/Portable+Navigation/AVIC-LINC

Oh I was wondering as well if you guys can ask Pioneer if the 2009 Map upgrades for the Z/N/D series are gonna look cartoonish like the F Series or the same as the previous maps AND are we gonna get some new XM Tuner upgrade that will supply NAV Weather for us Z/N/D series owners???

Oh I was wondering as well if you guys can ask Pioneer if the 2009 Map upgrades for the Z/N/D series are gonna look cartoonish like the F Series or the same as the previous maps AND are we gonna get some new XM Tuner upgrade that will supply NAV Weather for us Z/N/D series owners???

The Z/N/D use completely different hardware/software, so no.

No XM Weather, only MSN Direct.