AVIC411.com

Official 2009 Road Show Q&A

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'll be buying the Z series. I'm about 70% sold on it ATM, need to see some screenshots and video first, which are on the way. I love the passenger iPod control, the return of the official branding icons, the custom menus and MOST of all the voice control over the nav software. I'll wait until 3.0 to make the final decision though.

Thanks for the coverage Jason!

This will be the official Q&A for the 2009 Pioneer Road Show on June 13th.

Ask your questions here, and get them answered by Pioneer!

Thanks Jason. Question for you (I posted some of these on the Flickr page but probably should have just kept them here):

1. Will the 3.0/maps update introduce all software features into the current F-series?

2. Did Pioneer explain exactly what kind of hardware updates were made (like CPU/GPU, RAM, etc)?

3. It's hard to tell which unit is the X910BT in the boot-up video. Though your 20-second comment on the Z110BT seems accurate, it appears that the other 2 had boot times on par with the current F-series. Is this an accurate observation?

4. Any word on iPhone 3GS compatibility? For that matter - did they fix the address book import bug where if you don't have your address book organized "just right" you would have problems?

Thanks for the videos and the reporting. It's truly appreciated amongst us techies!

Cheers!

This will be the official Q&A for the 2009 Pioneer Road Show on June 13th.

Ask your questions here, and get them answered by Pioneer!

Thanks Jason. Question for you (I posted some of these on the Flickr page but probably should have just kept them here):

1. Will the 3.0/maps update introduce all software features into the current F-series?

2. Did Pioneer explain exactly what kind of hardware updates were made (like CPU/GPU, RAM, etc)?

3. It's hard to tell which unit is the X910BT in the boot-up video. Though your 20-second comment on the Z110BT seems accurate, it appears that the other 2 had boot times on par with the current F-series. Is this an accurate observation?

4. Any word on iPhone 3GS compatibility? For that matter - did they fix the address book import bug where if you don't have your address book organized "just right" you would have problems?

Thanks for the videos and the reporting. It's truly appreciated amongst us techies!

Cheers!

1. From what I was told, yes.

2. The Z110BT has a 600mhz processor with a hardware 3D accelerator, that's all I know.

3. The X910BT is in the top left. The Z110BT is LIGHTNING quick... the X910BT is a little better then the F Series with the 2.0 update.

4. Yep, I was talking to one of the engineers and they said they specifically worked with Apple and the new units have some kind of authentication chip that verifies it's an "iPhone Accessory" you also no longer get the airplane mode popup.

1. From what I was told, yes.

2. The Z110BT has a 600mhz processor with a hardware 3D accelerator, that's all I know.

3. The X910BT is in the top left. The Z110BT is LIGHTNING quick... the X910BT is a little better then the F Series with the 2.0 update.

4. Yep, I was talking to one of the engineers and they said they specifically worked with Apple and the new units have some kind of authentication chip that verifies it's an "iPhone Accessory" you also no longer get the airplane mode popup.

Thanks! I might end up shifting from my F90BT to a Z110BT in the end. I just can't fathom paying for a new X910BT for just "a little better" speed improvement. Then again... I'm also one of those saps who blew $500+ USD on a 32GB iPhone 3GS just 3 months after picking up my 16GB 3G just for a projected 2X speed improvement in the OS.

*sigh*

It's an affliction, I know. :mrgreen:

Will us F series owners be able to just download the map/FW update as soon as it is available and just pay on the spot, or will we have to order SD cards and wait for them to come in the mail.

It's going to be an SD Card.

...AND are we gonna get some new XM Tuner upgrade that will supply NAV Weather for us Z/N/D series owners???
The Z/N/D use completely different hardware/software, so no. No XM Weather, only MSN Direct.

So will the new units MSN Direct features have the "Doppler Weather Maps" or just the Weather? Actually which features will it have and not have?

List from msndirect.com

Smart Traffic Reports, Weather, Gas Prices, Send to GPS, Local Events, Movie Times, News Headlines, Stock Quotes, Flight Status, Doppler Weather Maps

...AND are we gonna get some new XM Tuner upgrade that will supply NAV Weather for us Z/N/D series owners???
The Z/N/D use completely different hardware/software, so no. No XM Weather, only MSN Direct.

So will the new units MSN Direct features have the "Doppler Weather Maps" or just the Weather? Actually which features will it have and not have?

List from msndirect.com

Smart Traffic Reports, Weather, Gas Prices, Send to GPS, Local Events, Movie Times, News Headlines, Stock Quotes, Flight Status, Doppler Weather Maps

No Doppler weather.

The local events, news, and stock quotes look pretty cool. Even still, if I can't load supermans red theme, software bypass, custom voices, etc etc....I may have to pass. All my fingers are crossed that someone figures out testmode on 3.0, or at least some way to access the internal flash/load files.