AVIC411.com

Help Needed!: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Problem!

Hello,

I just got my P4000 unit and when I tested it I can get no video on the thing whatsoever! I put in a DVD and it plays, there is sound but no video. Even when I ground the parking brake wire or do a bypass i get the screen with the warning, push "OK" and then the screen just goes blank or I get the background screen.

I have tried everything, the shop that was to do the installation even has some different units there and those work with the same harness and wires they used on mine. I am totally lost here!

I tried getting video from an external aux source and nothing, I even tried a rear view camera and still nothing. The unit just seems NOT to be picking up video altogether. Is there some setting I am missing or something that's not working right? When the DVD is in, the counter starts moving and it says playing but nothing shows up on screen, We didn't check the audio but I believe that it is giving off audio as the DVD is playing but I just get nothing on screen

Again I must say I don't think this has anything to do with it needing to be bypassed as we were grounding the hand brake wire to get the override and did the same with other units that worked.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so how did you cure it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!