AVIC411.com

Back up camera for f90bt?

Hey guys, I'm purchasing a f90bt soon and I'm looking for a quality back up license plate backup camera without spending a fortune. I also don't want it to be breaking in a couple months. I searched and I couldn't really find any information on these back up cameras. I read a couple good reviews on the Boyo VTL300 so that's the one I'm leaning to get. Can anyone give me any suggestions to point me in the right direction? These also are plug and play into the f90bt correct? Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOYO-VTL300C-METAL- ... tsupported

http://cgi.ebay.com/LICENSE-PLATE-FRAME ... tsupported

I ordered the same back-up cam from Amazon for $90. I just got it delivered today, but I wont have it or the F90bt installed until Saturday. If it helps, I can post my opinions of the camera's quality and how well it works with the HU then.

As you stated, it seems to have gotten the best reviews of back-up cameras within a similar price range, but I won't know for sure until I see for myself.

I ordered the same back-up cam from Amazon for $90. I just got it delivered today, but I wont have it or the F90bt installed until Saturday. If it helps, I can post my opinions of the camera's quality and how well it works with the HU then.

As you stated, it seems to have gotten the best reviews of back-up cameras within a similar price range, but I won't know for sure until I see for myself.

Yea man, that'd be great. Thanks for the help. So it is plug and play with the f90bt correct?

I bought the Boyo VTL-400 from Amazon to go with my F90BT. Pretty much plug and play. You wire the power and ground to the same sources as your HU, and plug the video connector into the backup camera input. As long as you have the reverse wire hooked up correctly it should work fine.

Even driving down the road, if I want to see behind me or check on my trailer, I just go to the Rearview option from the menu and it just works.

My camera has a little bit of noise in the picture. It doesn't really distract from the picture, but it's not like watching a dvd. For me, it's no big deal, but having seen the other high-end BU cameras (Infiniti, Lexus, Audi) it doesn't seem to be the same quality. Of course, for less than $100, I can't really complain. YMMV.

Good luck with yours,

AVDudeTX

I would pay a little more for VTL200 or VTL300. They are the same model except the finish of the frame.

On the other hand, VTL200C or VTL300C carry CMOS sensor rather than the CCD sensor. They are cheaper, but, the image quality will be worse than that of CCD.

Just my 2c.