AVIC411.com

ND BT1 Bluetooth "fix"

By the way, I had a chat with an engineer and installer over at Pioneer the other day to ask them a question about my Premier DEH-P980BT headunit and just happened to mention that the BT in my Z1 sucked ass. They both told me that they have narrowed the problem down to the firmware and it will be corrected when the next update is released. Of course they wouldn't tell me when that was. They also mentioned that during their testing with the current firmware, they found better results when they tried a microphone with noise cancellation but some echo was still present. Hopefully this is was true and we will have a software fix soon. By the way, this was not an in-person conversation. I called to speak to an installer/product support, asked him my question about the DEH-P980BT, mentioned the echo on the Z1, and then he had the engineer join in on the call.
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble creating the disc for the Bluetooth update. I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and wrote the image to a disc with Nero. I did this with a CDR and also tried a DVD. The Z1 system will not read either disc. I've tried 5 times now. Are there some special settings in Nero that you have to set prior to writing? Is there something else I'm missing?
[quote name="rlauderm"]I'm having trouble creating the disc for the Bluetooth update. I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and wrote the image to a disc with Nero. I did this with a CDR and also tried a DVD. The Z1 system will not read either disc. I've tried 5 times now. Are there some special settings in Nero that you have to set prior to writing? Is there something else I'm missing?[/quote]

When you stick that burned disk into the PC and open it up and look at the files in there... what do you see? Can you see the all the files in there?

When I did mine, I did it as ISO 9660 and mode 1 and 8.3 file names.

And you do know you have to switch to NAV to get it to start the update right?
  • 6 months later...
sound out of one speaker... I've seen this suggested, how is this done?

just got my unit installed, same issue.

has anyone experimented with high-gain, higher quality microphones?

Its in the av settings. You can change it from both speakers to right speaker only.

• 4 months later...
Is there anyone with the bluetooth that feels it works great? ANYONE?

Yes, mine works great (as far as I know). That is, I've never had anyone tell me they heard an echo at all. I think my wife would have bitched about it during the numerous phone calls I've made to her while driving.

I bought my AVIC Z1 the moment they became available. Then I got the BT adaptor the moment they were available.

The whole BT thing has worked great from the start.

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI. Mic is clipped into a seam in the headliner, above the driver sun visor.

• 4 weeks later...

The Z2 software already has the bluetooth update. Try different mic placement, sound out of one side of the speakers, ect. as mentioned on this forum

Just upgraded my Z1 to the new Z2 software and added the BT adapter. I am having the dreaded BT echo issues something terrible. Is the new Z2 software suppose to fix the echo issue or has Pioneer decided to ignore the issue on a $1000.00 + piece of equipment?
Is there anyone with the bluetooth that feels it works great? ANYONE?

I love mine, and from what I've heard, nobody I talk to on it hears any sort of echo. All I did was what was suggested a million times before: Pair your phone while its speaker volume was at its lowest setting.

Oh, and I turned down the voice output on the Z2 a bit... (the default, middle setting is still loud enough to cause echo).