AVIC411.com

COMPLETED! AVIC D3 Integration with OEM Honda DVD/RES System

Is there any way to utilize an OEM DVD/Rear Entertainment system with the AVIC 3? I'm about to purchase a Honda Odyssey with such a system. It has a single DVD player that sits below the factory radio and there's a flip down screen in the back that includes controls for the DVD. I'm not so much concerned with using the Honda DVD player, but I'd like to use the screen if possible without having to spend money to replace it.

Thoughts?

***UPDATE*** 6/10/09

I was able to pull it off:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthrea ... adid=57397

Should be able to, but you will probably need to have it install by a pro (not best buy). My D3 is hooked in to my Ford Excursion factory DVD player and screen. I can watch what they're watching in the back or watch a different DVD from the D3.

Should be able to, but you will probably need to have it install by a pro (not best buy). My D3 is hooked in to my Ford Excursion factory DVD player and screen. I can watch what their watching in the back or watch a different DVD from the D3.

Great, that's exactly I'd like to do at the most (if possible). Especially if it will allow me to keep my NAV disk in while playing a movie off the OEM dvd. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours installed at and how much did it run you?

Is your OEM DVD player/screen all in one, or is the DVD player separate from the screen?

I'm in South Jersey, so my installer won't matter. Look for a shop that does high end work and in house repairs.

My install was a while ago, maybe $300.00 to install. My DVD player is separate from the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
Should be able to, but you will probably need to have it install by a pro (not best buy). My D3 is hooked in to my Ford Excursion factory DVD player and screen. I can watch what they're watching in the back or watch a different DVD from the D3.

From what I've read on various 12v forums, Ford is one of the easiest to integrate, so you're one of the lucky ones :D