AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Can you get the word "Favourites" changed to "Favorites" ?

Thanx,

Bud

Heh, it is spelled correctly as it is :)

This really should be handled by the LANG file anyway... Need to check if it has Favourites in it

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stanislavovich. Great job on this skin! I wanted to ask you if it's possible for you to add a button to turn the smart zoom on/off like we originally had? I actually like to zoom in really close while in 3d mode and every time i go into another screen and then revert back to the map the zoom defaults back to the settings of the sliders. I actually zoom in alot closer than the closest # on the slider so it always zooms far away again.. I actually tried to put a default low zoom # in the sys. txt file but it seems those sliders override that cause i cant get the close zoom i want to default. Thanks

Hi Stanislavovich. Great job on this skin! I wanted to ask you if it's possible for you to add a button to turn the smart zoom on/off like we originally had? I actually like to zoom in really close while in 3d mode and every time i go into another screen and then revert back to the map the zoom defaults back to the settings of the sliders. I actually zoom in alot closer than the closest # on the slider so it always zooms far away again.. I actually tried to put a default low zoom # in the sys. txt file but it seems those sliders override that cause i cant get the close zoom i want to default. Thanks

You can add this to the sys.txt file and it will do it every time the unit starts up.

[smartzoom]

enabled="0"

You can add this to the sys.txt file and it will do it every time the unit starts up.

[smartzoom]

enabled="0"

So if the zoom # is 40 then it should look like this?

[smartzoom]

enabled=0

minzoom=40

Thanks for the updated file Boris and Stanislavovich.'

I did a flyover on a route and let it run all the way through. When I hit the map button the screen went to overhead view. I couldn't get it to tilt back to where you can see the horizon. Once I re-booted it went back to normal. Ran another flyover and the same thing happened.

Can someone please try it and see if this problem is specific to my unit or not.

Thanks.

I did a flyover on a route and let it run all the way through. When I hit the map button the screen went to overhead view. I couldn't get it to tilt back to where you can see the horizon. Once I re-booted it went back to normal. Ran another flyover and the same thing happened.

Can someone please try it and see if this problem is specific to my unit or not.

Thanks.

I suppose you tried clicking on the airplane icon (this mod uses compass/airplane to switch between view modes)... Also, browsemap mode is designed to be viewed in 2Ð’ (although I think you still can switch)...

Thanks.

I suppose you tried clicking on the airplane icon (this mod uses compass/airplane to switch between view modes)... Also, browsemap mode is designed to be viewed in 2Ð’ (although I think you still can switch)...

I was in 3d mode, the one with the compass. From what I gather, the airplane is 2d mode and displays a overhead view.

[smartzoom]

enabled="0"

So if the zoom # is 40 then it should look like this?

[smartzoom]

enabled=0

minzoom=40

yep mine is actually enabled="0"

A couple of things I noticed on the new mod

1. In some of the menus I press the return button on the top right and I get a swish sound but the menu never goes back one I have to hit menu button to get out of them

2. Street names. I have them turned on, in 2D mode they show up no problem zoomed in close or out a few clicks but in 3D mode I have to be zoomed in real close to get them all to show up, backing out one zoom setting removes 1/2 of them and zoom out one more click and they are all gone. Before the mod was put in place in the avic software I had them pretty much all the time in 3D mode no matter the zoom unless I'm totally way out there.

1. In some of the menus I press the return button on the top right and I get a swish sound but the menu never goes back one I have to hit menu button to get out of them

2. Street names. I have them turned on, in 2D mode they show up no problem zoomed in close or out a few clicks but in 3D mode I have to be zoomed in real close to get them all to show up, backing out one zoom setting removes 1/2 of them and zoom out one more click and they are all gone. Before the mod was put in place in the avic software I had them pretty much all the time in 3D mode no matter the zoom unless I'm totally way out there.

have you tried to switch on "test mode" in Regional settings screen? if so please do not do that. that mode only for debug. it could substitute some functions.

Regarding the streets name. the customizing you mean allows to switch on/off the streets name during the driving, so in static mode it has no effect on display. But pay attention on that there are some things effect on that: font size, tilt level and zoom level.

Meanwhile I'll be anavailable for a week, so I ask BorisM to comment my mod or please wait a little.

See later.

have you tried to switch on "test mode" in Regional settings screen? if so please do not do that. that mode only for debug. it could substitute some functions.

Regarding the streets name. the customizing you mean allows to switch on/off the streets name during the driving, so in static mode it has no effect on display. But pay attention on that there are some things effect on that: font size, tilt level and zoom level.

Meanwhile I'll be anavailable for a week, so I ask BorisM to comment my mod or please wait a little.

See later.

I don't think I have put in test mode I read earlier that is not good, but I'll double check.

The font size you control in your data.zip its not controlled in the program at least from what I found, the tilt level is the same as it was in the stock version and zoom level is what appears to be controlling it. I'll try to take some comparison pictures

Thanks, and have a great time off!

-- Update 7am- on the way to work the names showed up fine in town, better than they did in my area. I'll just let this ride for now. I think the name thing is the least of what I want to worry about. Thanks again for the great mod Stanislavovich, I will check the right corner menu thing and test mode since I haven't yet.

I was in 3d mode, the one with the compass. From what I gather, the airplane is 2d mode and displays a overhead view.

I'll double-check later today. I did not have this issue when I ran simulations, so I'll take another look.

Is there a way to get the map to tilt up or down like the original Avic software? Darn round a bout caused the map to go haywire and its tilted at an angle that now I can't change and its really ticking me off.. Thanks