AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

A guru from 4PDA.RU forum had developed an entirely new skin for our navigation. I am reposting it here with permission.

All thanks to Stanislavovich from 4PDA.

Highlights:

Road blocking by time

Deleting individual favorites

Route multiplan

Advanced camera types (set warnings about railroad crossings or speedbumps)

And much more.

Check screens.zip for 65 screenshots.

Screenshots: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGHGULOE

or download from AVIC411 http://http://www.4s...d.com/file/1301 ... _DATA.html[/url] <------- Updated Sept.4, 2009

This is pretty much a complete rewrite of the skin, so I know of at least a couple issues with it. Feedback is appreciated :)

Updated 07/24/2009.

Updated 23-03-2010:

3.0 version from andr2000

data.zip

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy. For now, I know that this two things might throw an error (non0fatal but still you have to close the error message):

1. Clicking the Route Functions button without having a defined route

2. Clicking the Camera Speed sign when a speed camera warning pops up.

IMPORTANT

Unless you were running completely stock (on the Navigation end), delete content of the SAVE directory. You can leave favorites.dat but others might cause problems.

just tried it and all i can say is wow, this is a very different level of mod, everything is new, so many new features, the ui is totally different, this is more like 8.3 IMO, this would be very hard to incorporate with mine, wow

I just tried it too. Man...is it different.

just tried it and all i can say is wow, this is a very different level of mod, everything is new, so many new features, the ui is totally different, this is more like 8.3 IMO, this would be very hard to incorporate with mine, wow

Yeah, he pretty much rewrote the entire thing from scratch, rather than adding mods on top of it, like we were doing.

I've noticed a couple places where it errors out (non-fatal, though) and let him know. If anyone else sees any errors and can jot down error messages, it would be great, too...

I already started hacking it a bit to put back MSN Direct access, and I might incorporate some of my changes into it (not that it needed much additional functionality, but I like my turn restriction signs to show up even when navigating).

Persistent road blocking is a great feature... I've already blocked enough of the nearest state route that Navi won't send me there during the day (it is always clogged)...

Multiplan is nice, too... Too bad we don't seem to have on-map option for it.

Yeah, he pretty much rewrote the entire thing from scratch, rather than adding mods on top of it, like we were doing.

I've noticed a couple places where it errors out (non-fatal, though) and let him know. If anyone else sees any errors and can jot down error messages, it would be great, too...

I already started hacking it a bit to put back MSN Direct access, and I might incorporate some of my changes into it (not that it needed much additional functionality, but I like my turn restriction signs to show up even when navigating).

Persistent road blocking is a great feature... I've already blocked enough of the nearest state route that Navi won't send me there during the day (it is always clogged)...

Multiplan is nice, too... Too bad we don't seem to have on-map option for it.

think i'll just grab the features i want, i want to keep all of my buttons on the top part and with all of his other mods it would be very hard for me to figure it all out, i have pretty much browsed everything and found most of the stuffs that i want, right now i'm still trying trying to figure out on where i'll start as i'm not familiar with his new setup

Can I ask what is probably a really dumb question?

In no way do I mean this sarcastically, or in a negative way. But what is the big deal about this skin? What does it do (besides Road blocking by time, Deleting individual favorites

Route multiplan, & Advanced camera types which can all be done in igo8.3.xx except for road blocking by time)

It basically looks to me like my Mio C720t now, what am I missing?

thank you in advance for hopefully giving me a clue!

infochia