AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

having a hard time figuring things out, anyone have extracted the block road scripts, i've went through all the ui's and found the scripts needed but can't make it work, since this skin is a reworked its's pretty hard to just cut and paste as most of the states and ui's re interlinked

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I don't even have those options from the Destination menu...

The destination menu appears on my unit the same as it's shown in the destination.bmp from the screens.zip.

Adding the Pedestrian option should be straightforward -- just uncomment the Pedestrian button. Same with speed sliders. I believe you've changed it once before anyway.

Simple to add, no doubt. I'll hold off making any changes for now. Still have a lot to learn of the functionality and point out any other types of errors that may occur from using it more. Wouldn't want any of my changes to cause an error. Doing so will probably make it harder to troubleshoot with the author. It's staying as is until an update is posted.

Of course always best if the original author incorporates them in properly...

I agree that is best to let the author incorporate them in. This is a special zip. Adds much more functionality than I thought was possible.

Later on after the identified bugs are worked out I may try some things.

having a hard time figuring things out, anyone have extracted the block road scripts, i've went through all the ui's and found the scripts needed but can't make it work, since this skin is a reworked its's pretty hard to just cut and paste as most of the states and ui's re interlinked

It's a whole new ball game that's for sure. I think I'll build off of this one later on.

1) I did receive the same error message IDT and Boris got from changing the TTS.

2) While in the Destination Menu we're presented with three options on the bottom - Exit, Settings and Cockpit. Pressing Exit will bring you to Top Menu, but you lose nav program in the process. It may be that I have the portable unit, but if someone with an in-dash would try it it would help Stanislavovich.

Funny, I don't even have those options from the Destination menu...

Adding the Pedestrian option should be straightforward -- just uncomment the Pedestrian button. Same with speed sliders. I believe you've changed it once before anyway.

Of course always best if the original author incorporates them in properly...

I dont get those options either on the destination menu? Weird!

Simple to add, no doubt. I'll hold off making any changes for now. Still have a lot to learn of the functionality and point out any other types of errors that may occur from using it more. Wouldn't want any of my changes to cause an error. Doing so will probably make it harder to troubleshoot with the author. It's staying as is until an update is posted.

I agree that is best to let the author incorporate them in. This is a special zip. Adds much more functionality than I thought was possible.

Later on after the identified bugs are worked out I may try some things.

I am in contact with the author over at 4PDA.RU and a few things have been fixed already based on our feedback (since today isn't a holiday there, I am sure hew has better things to do than fix everything in the skin right now).

From what I understand, he is not a "professional" skin writer, like Gurjon or diMka, so he has no plans to incorporate every possible feature, only what he finds useful for himself. Still, once we have a debugged advanced skin for AVIC, it should be much easier to add personal mods to it...

As far as I could see so far, the magic is here:

map.ADD_ROADBLOCK is iGO's internal function to block the road segment (piece with the marker between two exits off the road). And mydata.blocked_roads is where the information is stored.

As far as I could see so far, the magic is here:

map.ADD_ROADBLOCK is iGO's internal function to block the road segment (piece with the marker between two exits off the road). And mydata.blocked_roads is where the information is stored.

thanks for the info, still working on it right now but still have no luck,

1) I did receive the same error message IDT and Boris got from changing the TTS.

please do not try to change voice profile from here, it will work never. I wrote about the issue see my post upper.

2) While in the Destination Menu we're presented with three options on the bottom - Exit, Settings and Cockpit.

Please do not switch on "Test mode", it is only for debug and shows those buttons to allow me all navigation through the screens.

there's no pedestrian option.

I guess that the device is used usually in car... for what pedestian mode you need?

Route simulation and flyover does not have any option to pause, resume, slow or fast simulate.

really I never used that function. may be latter ...

Speed Limit stepping is in multiples of ten. Multiples of five is more appropiate for us in the US.

I am afraid that it will be not easy to manage the slider if there are a lot of point or it will be necessary to decrease the range. I do not know...

thanks for comments

in any case if you could send me the finished blocks of code to be inserted without destroying the main concept I do not mind to incapsulate it.

I guess that the device is used usually in car... for what pedestian mode you need?

N-S-E-W has the AVIC F-500 which is a portable unit, so it could be used while walking in the city. I doubt that many people actually do use a navigator for that, but it is a possibility.

I am afraid that it will be not easy to manage the slider if there are a lot of point or it will be necessary to decrease the range. I do not know...

It shouldn't be too bad... US speed limits can have 5 M/h spacing, but the maximum value is lower (what is it, 75 M/h in some Western states?)

We've added 5 steppings before, and it wasn't too much trouble. Although I wonder... how much trouble would it be to have separate sliders for miles and kilometers...

Another note: in camera overspeed settings, it always uses Km/h, even if miles are selected for units...

Another note: in camera overspeed settings, it always uses Km/h, even if miles are selected for units...

:D hard coded! I did not expect that my skin will be so popular :shock:

About overspeed range - what range could you suggest: minus XX .... plus YYY (it seems minus is crasy, but it was in original one...)

Pedestrian.... I think it is not problem only to open in customizing, but also I have to check some validation in ui... it could take some time and additional test. I'll think but a little bit later, after fixing bugs and important requests.

he is not a "professional" skin writer, like Gurjon or diMka, so he has no plans to incorporate every possible feature...

you are right, I am not a writer, I am a driver, so I have written it to drive not to like it :)

About overspeed range - what range could you suggest: minus XX .... plus YYY (it seems minus is crasy, but it was in original one...)

Hmmm, not sure about the minus option, but I guess if someone finds it useful I'd say -5 to +15 would be reasonable.

you are right, I am not a writer, I am a driver, so I have written it to drive not to like it :)

So am I... I get enough coding at work... :)

This is likely a silly question, but should we modify the "preload.ini" file under the config directory at all to help w/ anything particular to where this is running?

I noticed it has a lot of european/etc items listed there and was wondering if that should be caterred towards where the gps is running.

I.E. - tell it to preload our area/etc -- I am still trying to learn/understand how iGo works/etc

thanks,

Ben