AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Can I ask what is probably a really dumb question?

In no way do I mean this sarcastically, or in a negative way. But what is the big deal about this skin? What does it do (besides Road blocking by time, Deleting individual favorites

Route multiplan, & Advanced camera types which can all be done in igo8.3.xx except for road blocking by time)

It basically looks to me like my Mio C720t now, what am I missing?

thank you in advance for hopefully giving me a clue!

infochia

it has so many features that our current navi don't have which i think would be useful

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy. For now, I know that this two things might throw an error (non0fatal but still you have to close the error message):

1. Clicking the Route Functions button without having a defined route

2. Clicking the Camera Speed sign when a speed camera warning pops up.

IMPORTANT

Unless you were running completely stock (on the Navigation end), delete content of the SAVE directory. You can leave favorites.dat but others might cause problems.

I loaded the mod and played with it for a little bit. I did not delete the SAVE dir and had no issues with it at all.

There are many more functions than the older style, but I am not too impressed with it. I could probably do without all of the extra menus and configs. Without a manual, I have no clue what some of the other settings are for.

Enjoy. For now, I know that this two things might throw an error (non0fatal but still you have to close the error message):

1. Clicking the Route Functions button without having a defined route

2. Clicking the Camera Speed sign when a speed camera warning pops up.

IMPORTANT

Unless you were running completely stock (on the Navigation end), delete content of the SAVE directory. You can leave favorites.dat but others might cause problems.

I loaded the mod and played with it for a little bit. I did not delete the SAVE dir and had no issues with it at all.

There are many more functions than the older style, but I am not too impressed with it. I could probably do without all of the extra menus and configs. Without a manual, I have no clue what some of the other settings are for.

it still needs some getting used to

In no way do I mean this sarcastically, or in a negative way. But what is the big deal about this skin? What does it do (besides Road blocking by time, Deleting individual favorites

Route multiplan, & Advanced camera types which can all be done in igo8.3.xx except for road blocking by time)

infochia

Not much probably, if you are using the Mio (and pretty much any iGO 8.x can do road blocking). The point is that you can have all the functionality in the built-in Navi, without using something like Leet Launcher and losing some of the A/V integration.

infochia

Not much probably, if you are using the Mio (and pretty much any iGO 8.x can do road blocking). The point is that you can have all the functionality in the built-in Navi, without using something like Leet Launcher and losing some of the A/V integration.

i totally agree,

this new mod makes the avic alot more functional

It might work with original save data, but not guaranteed, if you were running other mods.

The interface is much closer to original iGO, so it takes some getting used to after the Pioneer's skin. In my personal opinion, being able to use more of the software's functionality (that we paid good money for) is worth it.

In the meanwhile I am going to try to get some kind of added features description from the author and post it in English...

BUG- when the voice profile is clicked the gps restarts, not the unit but just the navi part

Please do not push that button, later I disable it. there is some internal interface with avic setup, so it crashes during standard function call. it only to see actual voice profile as I have setup it by ini file directly.

So I think it is not possible to manage voice and language profile through iGO interface, only by avic or by edit ini file.

Without a manual, I have no clue what some of the other settings are for.

Sorry, there is not a manual yet not only in english but also in russian or other ones, So the best way is to ask me direcly here, may be later it could be possible to assembler help from the posts.

Are you going to make more changes to it? If so, should I wait until all ofthe bugs are worked out? Thanks.

Hi!

I have connected to the forum, so i'll try to give you direct support and fix bugs. sorry for my english, if you find not clear descriptions please give the best i'll correct them.

Dear Stanislavovich,

Thank you for joining us (thanks also for BorisM to contact him). Without discarding the very valuable work of other modders, your mod give me a clear step ahead in visibility due to the greater font size of the presented data as well as the now properly organized data presentation that help us (as drivers) to understand the information available as first shoot. I appreciate also that you have implemented new nice functionalities like multiroute.

On the other hand, and in order to take advantage of previous iGO8 800x480 skin designs, I recommend you to visit some pages like http://www.gurjon.com (I think that they are also russians). Maybe you can reuse some .ui or .bmp on your future work. They have also a downloadable manual on that you can base your own (if decide to issue it)

Regards (поздравлениÑ)

BUG- when the voice profile is clicked the gps restarts, not the unit but just the navi part

Please do not push that button, later I disable it. there is some internal interface with avic setup, so it crashes during standard function call. it only to see actual voice profile as I have setup it by ini file directly.

So I think it is not possible to manage voice and language profile through iGO interface, only by avic or by edit ini file.

Interestingly enough... When I first started the unit, after clearing the SAVE folder, it defaulted to Jason (US non-TTS voice). I was able to use this button to switch voice to Samantha (TTS). After that, clicking the button causes reboot...

Welcome Stanislavovich and thank you Boris for posting this and bringing your friend over as well. As we all know, not one zip will appease all (won't be long until we hear about the art stuff covering up the speed limit icon). I haven't been on much lately but when I saw this I just had to try it out. Now some of the members that have been on awhile know I have the portable unit, thus making it easier to test things out (especially during inclement weather).

1st impressions when I started this was WOW. Being that the unit I have is my first ever nav, I was lost. The more you play around with it the more you learn of it's abilities. This does some wonderful things that I had never seen.

I will be happy to point out error messages or recommendations for improvements as i become more familiar with it.

So far I've noticed the following:

1) I did receive the same error message IDT and Boris got from changing the TTS.

2) While in the Destination Menu we're presented with three options on the bottom - Exit, Settings and Cockpit. Pressing Exit will bring you to Top Menu, but you lose nav program in the process. It may be that I have the portable unit, but if someone with an in-dash would try it it would help Stanislavovich.

For those with the portable unit, you'll notice that there's no pedestrian option. Not a big deal in my book.

Route simulation and flyover does not have any option to pause, resume, slow or fast simulate. I know a ton of us worked hard with Boris' assistance to add that to our units.

Speed Limit stepping is in multiples of ten. Multiples of five is more appropiate for us in the US. That's an easy fix that should also be considered.

Please don't take my comments as criticisms. I look forward to helping as much as my abilities allow.

Thanks again - N-S-E-W

1) I did receive the same error message IDT and Boris got from changing the TTS.

2) While in the Destination Menu we're presented with three options on the bottom - Exit, Settings and Cockpit. Pressing Exit will bring you to Top Menu, but you lose nav program in the process. It may be that I have the portable unit, but if someone with an in-dash would try it it would help Stanislavovich.

Funny, I don't even have those options from the Destination menu...

Adding the Pedestrian option should be straightforward -- just uncomment the Pedestrian button. Same with speed sliders. I believe you've changed it once before anyway.

Of course always best if the original author incorporates them in properly...