AVIC411.com

iPhone 3G and N3 question

Hi:

I'd like to connect my iPhone 3G to the system, and be able to use it both for music, as well as a phone -

what are my best options?

If I use the CD-IB100II, my understanding is it will not charge the phone, and will not have phone functionality.

I read many conflicting reviews of the CD-BTB200, and it's compatibility with the iphone, but in any case it seems that the iphone does not support the A2DP profile, which means I can't use it as both a phone and a music device...

I am willing to be very crafty - any ideas out there? I am sure I am not the first...

Many thanks

T Uvac

• 1 month later...

Dude, I feel your pain. I have been struggling with a good iPhone/Avic-N3 setup for nearly 2 years. But I think I finally found one. Use the Apple COMPOSITE cable. This will allow audio, and most importantly for me, VIDEO output to the N3's screen. It will also allow full functionality of the phone. Just get a Bluetooth headset. The only issue I can think of would be charging. The Apple composite video cable has a USB connector for power supply. Avic N3 has no USB. You could either get a cigarette lighter USB adapter or get crafty and fit the cable with something that can draw power from the N3. The reason I haven't done this yet is because for some reason I thought the iPhone couldn't output video through a composite cable, only component. I'm glad I was wrong. I don't remember where I got this idea from in the first place.

Im about to fit my Tahoe with the ultimate iPhone/Avic-N3 setup. I'm gonna get a mount from ProClipUSA to mount my iPhone right next to my N3's screen. The Apple composite cable is the only way to get video from an iPhone into the N3. 3rd party A/V cables won't do video because Apple blocks them from working with a chip or some shit. I should be able to give an update within the next few weeks after I get my setup installed.