AVIC411.com

OBDII/Dash/Car stats / possible programs?

Sorry, I am confused, how do you power the Avic when it is hooked up to your PC? Do you physically move the Avic to your PC or just use an emulator? I tried using emulators, but could not find any that work properly with 3.0

Physically move it. It came with a ac power adapter. It's a F500, maybe you didn't realize that one. It's not a "mount in the dash" type.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, I am confused, how do you power the Avic when it is hooked up to your PC? Do you physically move the Avic to your PC or just use an emulator? I tried using emulators, but could not find any that work properly with 3.0

Physically move it. It came with a ac power adapter. It's a F500, maybe you didn't realize that one. It's not a "mount in the dash" type.

Damn! that explains it :( , I have a spare F700 that I wish I could hook up to my computer. It would save me countless hours running up and down to my car testing out all these mods that I do.

Damn! that explains it :( , I have a spare F700 that I wish I could hook up to my computer. It would save me countless hours running up and down to my car testing out all these mods that I do.

Abb, power it with an ATX power supply. That's what I do with my desk F90BT that I use to test hacks before deploying to my car's F90BT. It's really easy to wire the harness up to the +12V and ground off the hard drive Molex connectors, then the handbrake to one of the GND wires. I use a supply with the On/Off switch on the back, so then I can just jumper the Green and Black wires on the 20/24 pin connector and then use the switch to apply/remove power. It's an Antec SU-380, for reference (came with a case I swapped a bigger supply into).

If you need diagrams or pics, let me know.

No problem. Scarily enough, it looks like we might have the exact same Sammy monitor. :D

My rig:

I've updated the Wiki instructions to add mention that you'll probably want to add a switch on the ACC line so you can emulate the auto environment better (you usually have standby power on +Battery before the ACC gets juice when you turn the key). I still haven't done this on my setup, but I do so at my own (semi-informed) risk.

post-22338-12872762322219_thumb.jpg

Linux can be run on absolutely anything, im suprised noone has put forth the effort to run it on these.

Yes, Linux can be put on it, but, it is a little more complicated than that. First, you would need to set it up so that Linux would be recognized in the bios and be capable of 'boot' so that the OS can be loaded. Second, The AVIC software will not play on Linux, so you would have to redesign the ENTIRE Avic NAV and MAIN software to work on Linux which is a very complicated procedure. Youre welcome to try, but to me, this is a lot of work for very little advantages, and I have used Linux and I am NOT a fan of it.

• 4 months later...

Garmin has a product (cable) that's called "EcoRoute HD" at https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354

It connects to a ODB II port and the other end connects to regular Garmin GPS units to transform them into a full ODB II reader, diagnostic tool, to see all kinds of info plus monitoring fuel consumption.

Just curious if Pioneer will ever come out with a "cable" like Garmin's to enable the readout information to be displayed on screen?

After all, Pioneer even calls that the "Eco" feature with some kind of distance/fuel info, which seems they are keen on implementing features like this.

Garmin has a product (cable) that's called "EcoRoute HD" at https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354

It connects to a ODB II port and the other end connects to regular Garmin GPS units to transform them into a full ODB II reader, diagnostic tool, to see all kinds of info plus monitoring fuel consumption.

Just curious if Pioneer will ever come out with a "cable" like Garmin's to enable the readout information to be displayed on screen?

After all, Pioneer even calls that the "Eco" feature with some kind of distance/fuel info, which seems they are keen on implementing features like this.

The cable is just the means travel the Data to from the source. The Avic would still need to have software installed in the unit. There again, the software has to be WinCE compatible, which the Garmin unit does not have. In other words, it is highly unlikely to have this on our units. It would be nice though!

Well, I wrote the avic-modder that you can use to mod the AVIC's OS, or I can just do any modifications you'd like for you. I also have experience getting another engine management/OBDII logger app running and successfully communicating via the AVIC's usb port. I'll help any way I can. I don't have a unit for you though, sorry. Wife's already mad about how often I have the thing connected to my PC verses being in the car "where it belongs". :)

So you have something working :D ? Could you share more information such as which app and cable you are using? Any screen shots? Do you have to boot in CE mode, or could you have a shortcut from the AVIC GUI?

Thanks!