AVIC411.com

FM preset buttons....

hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has made a mod to change the shape of the preset buttons on FM/AM

I searched a bit and only found issues with the HD tuner presets lol

I have a 900bt and it lists the FM presets in small lines and my huge fingers always push the wrong one.

Im looking for more of a 'finger sized' button shape, the same 6 presets

just set up like

[][][]

[][][] this would work.

thanx for your help

no one has figured this out yet or bothered to hack there yet i think... but if they could be figured out, then i would have to buy a new pair of pants cause that would be awesome.

the presets are fine and everything, but HARD when driving with slightly bumpy roads and you wanna change stations.

Has anyone investigated remapping the default action of the multifunction knob left/right action to change presets instead of seeking? I'm pretty technically savvy but don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been investigated.. Could also be hard coded in the program logic...

Thanks,

Ray [MSFT]

Has anyone investigated remapping the default action of the multifunction knob left/right action to change presets instead of seeking? I'm pretty technically savvy but don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been investigated.. Could also be hard coded in the program logic...

Thanks,

Ray [MSFT]

Hey Ray, Leetcoder has figured out how to add event listeners to the knob buttons when booted into Testmode/Leetlauncher environment (see his Leetlauncher 3 post). He hasn't posted any information on the topic in the Wiki or the forum on how this is accomplished (yet). No one has yet posted a hacked APL exe for remapping the left/right buttons in the stock software.

I personally would be very interested in how the button handling logic is done in the WinCE environment (new to WinCE, but not to general embedded OS concepts) for correctly configuring my development environment to create new apps. Maybe a Wiki section to collect code samples might be in order? Maybe a section for WinCE exes, one for iGo scripting, etc...

How it is raised probably depends on the underlying hardware (electrically speaking), but it's probably a device object and a (kernel mode) device driver, coupled with a user-mode application that uses the driver.

It would likely be much easier to implement your own listener (which is what he apparently did, but alas with no FM tuner yet) than reverse engineer the compiled code. If we had source for the AVIC software that would be a much different story and I could do it myself fairly easily, but unfortunately that's not the case...

Yeah, if you look at the block diagram in the F900BT/F90BT service manual posted on the Hacks/Mods forum, it looks like the AV board has an ASIC (uCOM) that the Navi controls via a UART to select amongst the various audio sources (Tuner, SD/USB, AV1, AV2, Bluetooth and voice, a.k.a. navigation commands), send commands to the IP Bus and other components (like the tuner?) and such. Once my test subject arrives this week and gets a lovely bench setup, I'm hoping to get some probing on some of the Tx/Rx and I2C lines to see what commands are getting shuffled about between the blocks in the diagrams. Once I've got some protocols documented I hope we can reverse-engineer our own drivers and cook our own image.

Once that's done there is always the potential for alternative OSes too, I know QNX already has a BSP for the Titan reference board they based the Navi unit off of.

Do you have a UART/I2C protocol analyzer handy? It could help immensely..

No, I need to either borrow one from work or pick up my own Aardvark. Probably need to see about a cheap 2nd-hand o-scope or logic analyzer/data acquisition system too. Might be able to hack one with a ADC, uController and a USB to RS232 if I really wanted to get ambitious.

Any UART protocol anayzers that you recommend?

• 2 years later...