AVIC411.com

Anyone have issues with the GPS routing?

Anyone have issues with the GPS routing? The GPS routing is terrible, take a look here:

img_0141.jpg

I am heading down state bridge road, and it wants turn on kimball bridge, then on State Bridge Way, then back on State Bridge...... uhh, why not just go straight?

Anyone have issues with the GPS routing? The GPS routing is terrible, take a look here:

img_0141.jpg

I am heading down state bridge road, and it wants turn on kimball bridge, then on State Bridge Way, then back on State Bridge...... uhh, why not just go straight?

Map error most likely. It either thinks that the road is not contiguous, or that average speed going the roundabout way is higher.

If you tell it to avoid turn onto Kimball Bridge, you could check which it is. If it routes you straight, speeds are messed up. If it does not and sends you on another roundabout, road is not contiguous...

It does this type of navigation all the time. This was a pretty short "detour" that fit on the screen this time so I took a picture of it. Most of the time it will send me miles out of the way just to re-merge back on the road I was traveling on to begin with... I tried adjusting the routing settings from Easiest, Economy, etc, but they have no effect on this type of behavior.

I bought the F90BT to replace the gadgets I had in my truck (Nuvi GPS & Harmon Karmon Drive N'Play), unfortunately with the F90BTs poor routing, I use the Nuvi for GPS routing and the F90BT just for an overhead view.

It does this type of navigation all the time. This was a pretty short "detour" that fit on the screen this time so I took a picture of it. Most of the time it will send me miles out of the way just to re-merge back on the road I was traveling on to begin with... I tried adjusting the routing settings from Easiest, Economy, etc, but they have no effect on this type of behavior.

I bought the F90BT to replace the gadgets I had in my truck (Nuvi GPS & Harmon Karmon Drive N'Play), unfortunately with the F90BTs poor routing, I use the Nuvi for GPS routing and the F90BT just for an overhead view.

More so likely map errors. I had several navi systems take me off of the highway just to merge back in right away. For what it's worth, AVIC does not seem to do it too often around Chicago.

There is also a setting in SYS.TXT file that will improve routing accuracy at the expense of time needed to calculate route...

my unit does the same thing here in Canada....Garmin FTW. too bad, the whole point was to get rid of that ugly unit stuck to my windsheild. :?

I had to go to a funeral last week-end in Montreal, and the ETA had over an hour difference when compared ot the garmin. The pioneer was literally directing me on a city wide tour. :roll: