AVIC411.com

Hello there,

My problem is what the title says. I recently bought an used GEX-P920XM and for some reason my D-3 is not seeing it. The xm radio button is grayed out as to tell me there is no xm radio. Yes, I have pressed the reset button on both units. I've tried so many different ways of going about doing this. Reset the xm only, reset the d3 only. Done both of course. Disconnected the power from the xm, have yet to the d3 though.

Am I supposed to do something to the d3's menu when I first install a xm radio?

Thank you for all ya help.

KOT

You may just want to verify that you have the IP-Bus cable properly connected. Do you have any other devices installed that also use the IP-Bus? The XM unit should have constant 12v+ connected to yellow, ground 12v- to black, Blue side of IP-Bus connected to head unit, and black side of IP-Bus cable connected to the XM unit's black port.

Oops, it's all my fault.

I had bought this receiver off of ebay with no IP-bus cable. There for no power connection. I have an IP-bus, but one that was used and it had a wire on it that I had no idea what it was for. So I went to a local install shop and they told me the power were the two outside pins. To me, I thought they ment the 2 and 3 pins, since they were the outer most pins of the unit. Which in fact they ment pins 1 and 3, leaving pin 2 unconnected.

So in all, I found the proper pins and all is good right now.

Thank you though.

KOT