AVIC411.com

New F-910 / 710 models on EU website

My biggest gripe with the F900BT is the poor viewing angle on the screen, it is good if viewed straight on but is washed out when viewed from above which is how mine is in my VW Golf.

My dealer has confirmed he has seen the F9110 nd 910 and the new WVGA screen has better contrast and a wider viewing angle range, he has agreed to exchange mine as I bought it this month and had complained about it having 2007 maps in, old firmware and was hard to see the light grey streets on a white backgroung when viewed from any angle other than straight on.

I am told he will have the F910BT for me in a couple of weeks.

It is kind of exciting to see these models, I like the detachable face F310BT. And correct me if I am wrong but this looks like a different version of IGo that the new models are running, so I am speculating here, but it just may be possible that we can benefit our older units with some new software... :twisted: or at least ideas. Anyway, My F700 BT still looks better than all of them with the CMH928 AIO mod on. 8)

The only map difference I see is a different color scheme, maybe a bit more cleaned up. But it doesn't look like a more updated version IMO. Either way I'm more excited to see the new Z-Series. From the homepage picture it looks like they replaced the hard buttons with more flush sleek ones, like on the 4100DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if they added built-in bluetooth to it and a USB/iPod input. A nicer resolution would be nice too :D

The only map difference I see is a different color scheme, maybe a bit more cleaned up. But it doesn't look like a more updated version IMO. Either way I'm more excited to see the new Z-Series. From the homepage picture it looks like they replaced the hard buttons with more flush sleek ones, like on the 4100DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if they added built-in bluetooth to it and a USB/iPod input. A nicer resolution would be nice too :D

From what they are saying (track-up in 2D, road signs), looks like iGO 8.3 to me...

From what they are saying (track-up in 2D, road signs), looks like iGO 8.3 to me...

What was the iGo 8.3 pics that were previously posted on this forum then? I think it may have been for the leetlauncher but it had an entirely new interface, looked nothing like the F series nav now.

What was the iGo 8.3 pics that were previously posted on this forum then? I think it may have been for the leetlauncher but it had an entirely new interface, looked nothing like the F series nav now.

Because it's iGO, not Garmin or something like that. You can make it look like anything you want with some skin hacking.