AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map/software update

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these updates look specific to the map software, and according to the google:

279 Euros = 399.5001 U.S. dollars

They can suck my left nut if they expect $400 (more than you can get the F700 for) just for a map update.

I wouldn't be too worried about the European price. That price probably includes VAT and other additional costs that don't exist in the US. There are a lot of products sold in the US that go for much more on the other side of the pond.

I know it's off topic and may sound a bit jealous: This is the reason for the current turmoil in the world economy. Especially you guys in the US have been susidised to fuel economic growth. Fuel, cars, housing, clothing and consumer goods are either at a discount to world market prices or are financed without any security behind to back the loan. If the US consumer had to pay market prices and fund their purchases fom their savings rather than through credit cards or overvalued mortgages, economic growth would propably have been a bit slower worldwide, but a lot of the current problems would not have come up.

Sorry guys (and girls), I worked for an US Investment Bank for over a decade and know what I'm talking about. Think about it and start realizing that a lot of the american dream was based on a big bubble rather than hard work.

The reason most of us are here comes from the same attitude: Everything has to be cheaper, so companys outscource whatever they can. So did Pioneer with the programmng of the AVIC. Unfortunately a Chinese or Indian programmer who has never had a car, not to speak about a navi unit, would never be able to program a system that meets the requirements of industralized coutries in Europe and the US.

Never mind

Jörg

Well, This rant is coming from an investment banker who has one of those "American Type" virtual jobs that produces absolutely nothing tangible. (the Top Level part of the economic problem) He probably lives relatively well with a lot of stuff made by low paid workers.

He is like most of us who don’t actually make anything that can go to market – We are all part of the problem, but the media will never point this out.

So anyway, Jorg, Invest in stuff, juggle money around the world - Drive your Beamer, Sit in your Jacuzzi in front of your wide screen TV . . . And daydream about the 500BT mods that you must pay big Euro for.

(It really is a cool little unit though, Wouldn’t you agree?)

• 4 weeks later...

Pioneer has a new link for "Navigation upgrade tool". It requires you put your unique Nav 16 digit serial number only available from the purchased SD card.

Go to

www.pioneernavigationupdate.com/navigationupdate/

select help

Crutchfield is pre-selling the 3.0 for $59.99:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130SD100FM ... 100FM.html

the image show 2 chips. one says PRG & Manual, the others U.S. & Canada (maps i suppose)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's the page[/url for the upgrade at pioneer.eu.. Judging from the [url=http]specs, this seems to be what you're looking for..

Up in the top right corner, there is this link, and believe it or not, the name of the button is "Where to Buy".

Now, I'm betting one of the dealers you could find from following the correct links on that page could help you out.

That, or one of the 500 rapidshare/etc links for that update has to be somewhat legitimate, seems like reasonable odds if you don't want to buy it.

I don't get what the big fuss is about. Either you pay X for it, or you don't. Being that it's last year's update, at this point, calling around may help you find a better price.

Check out Misterblue's french modding forum, you might have better luck procuring it through other means there, with more euro types around?

• 3 months later...