AVIC411.com

Iphone 3G and F700BT

I first would like to apologize if this question has been asked and answered before, but I've been searching this forum on serveral occasions trying to find out what's up with my connection (or lack there of) between my iphone and the f700bt navigation unit I had installed. I have had no luck. I bought the ipod/iphone adapter and it was installed. I tried plugging the iphone in and on my iphone it comes up with a message that tells me that I have plugged in an accessory that is unknown and would I like to put my phone into airplane mode to reduce audio interference. I press the "no" option. On the navigation side of the connection, I have the AV1 source set to ipod. After connection I go into the AV, where the option to switch between the CD player, AM, and FM radio buttons are located. THe USB connection is always grayed out.

I have tried connecting before turning the system on. I have connected it after the system is already on. I have also tried plugging in a flash drive, which still produces nothing. I plugged in my old ipod and that does not show up either.

I am relatively inexperienced with working on these types of things, but I hope that somebody here might be able to help explain what the problem is/might be and how to fix it.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

No, I still have the current software for the iphone. Haven't touched the 3.0 yet. I'm waiting until the official release tomorrow. It's been having this problem since the first time I tried plugging in my iphone. It's never worked. Neither have any other peripheral devices.

• 1 month later...
I have this same issue with my F90BT... I plug the cable into my iPhone 3G that has the latest software (3.0) and I get that same message......

how do I use it as an ipod? Do I need to change the cables out or what? thx

Which specific problem?

Not connecting at all?

No sound?

No Control of iphone?

There are a lot of threads here addressing all those issues and how to properly connect, and what cables are needed.

You need USB AND RCA connectors connected