AVIC411.com

F500BT as a portable nav and entertainment unit?

Is it possible to use this unit as a portable nav and entertainment unit for little kids on trips instead of a fixed configuration? Do I have to hook up all the cables such as ground and parking to get features to work? I do not care about bluetooth connectivity. can I connect the DC power with the dc adaptor directly to the unit instead of hte messy octopus wire? Also, what comes with the unit...DC adaptor, mounting hardware, handy storage carrier?

It comes with a Cigarette lighter charger, 240V mains charger and the big fat cable that attaches to the suction mount has a wire for the car battery.

Soooo. If you're planning to pass it around the car, or mount it in the back or something it should be easily possible. You could either mount using the suction mount and fat cable in the back. Or you could mount it without the fat cable and use the cigarette lighter charger.

If you intend to use the car speakers, you will need to buy the (ND-G500 by memory) amp for it and you also have to use the suction mount witht he fat cable.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Is it possible to use this unit as a portable nav and entertainment unit for little kids on trips instead of a fixed configuration? Do I have to hook up all the cables such as ground and parking to get features to work? I do not care about bluetooth connectivity. can I connect the DC power with the dc adaptor directly to the unit instead of hte messy octopus wire? Also, what comes with the unit...DC adaptor, mounting hardware, handy storage carrier?

Yes you can use the dc adapter in the car, even nothing at all but then the battery wouldnt last too long, and still have access to all functions. It comes with a house charger as well, windshield/dashboard bracket but no storage carrier :(.