AVIC411.com

Remove Navi Warning

Does anyone know how to remove the GPS warning whenever you go into the map? I've only had the unit for a couple weeks and it's already VERY annoying. I don't have mine bypassed, and I don't plan on it right now, but I would like this warning to go away.

this has been discussed so many time before, bypassed or not the message will still be there, please start reading the hacks thread before posting questions

Does anyone know how to remove the GPS warning whenever you go into the map? I've only had the unit for a couple weeks and it's already VERY annoying. I don't have mine bypassed, and I don't plan on it right now, but I would like this warning to go away.

this has been discussed so many time before, bypassed or not the message will still be there, please start reading the hacks thread before posting questions

I did read, and search and found nothing that seemed relevant. I tried searching "warning" and "remove warning".

It might take one second, but after doing it four thousand six hundred and seventy two times, it gets old.

This is just another bizarre example of the dumbing down of our society. Regulations FORCE Pioneer to put this on there because ONE person thought you could read a book or watch a movie on these things and ran into someone.

Does this "warning" REALLY say anything that 99.999% of thinking adult drivers don't know?

Sorry, but this "warning" just pisses me off EVERY time I see it. Uh, that's EVERY time I start my truck up.

It certainly would be useful if you could install something that would disable it after, say, hitting "OK" a thousand times...

IMHO

It might take one second, but after doing it four thousand six hundred and seventy two times, it gets old.

This is just another bizarre example of the dumbing down of our society. Regulations FORCE Pioneer to put this on there because ONE person thought you could read a book or watch a movie on these things and ran into someone.

Does this "warning" REALLY say anything that 99.999% of thinking adult drivers don't know?

Sorry, but this "warning" just pisses me off EVERY time I see it. Uh, that's EVERY time I start my truck up.

It certainly would be useful if you could install something that would disable it after, say, hitting "OK" a thousand times...

IMHO

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice, but after having numerous GPS's it's something I have gotten used to.

No. It says "we are putting this safety message on our radio so that if you hurt yourself and/or someone else because you weren't paying attention to the road, you can't sue us because we told you so", and people would try to sue. Look at the classic lawsuit against McDonalds. Some dumbass burnt herself with a McD coffee then sued them because their lids didn't say "Caution: Hot". And won IIRC

I'm so glad someone is inquiring about this. Never seen it discussed before.

I have a suggestion, just take a bat to it and it'll go away. If it doesn't do it over and over again until it does. Then you can send it in to Pioneer and ask if they'll fix it and not re-install the message.

I'm so glad someone is inquiring about this. Never seen it discussed before.

I have a suggestion, just take a bat to it and it'll go away. If it doesn't do it over and over again until it does. Then you can send it in to Pioneer and ask if they'll fix it and not re-install the message.

+1

I did read, and search and found nothing that seemed relevant. I tried searching "warning" and "remove warning".

Read and searched, my a**. Just searching the word word warning as you said you did would have brought up this thread;

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23524

I'm sure I can find a dozen more threads asking the same.

Now quit wasting our time. If people would actually read things and search things out at there would be much more useless crap on this site. Yes we can just ignore it but for those that have actually took time to read it is pretty frustrating. Crap like this drives the good people away.

Now quit wasting our time. If people would actually read things and search things out at there would be much more useless crap on this site. Yes we can just ignore it but for those that have actually took time to read it is pretty frustrating. Crap like this drives the good people away.

Actually posts like this is why good people go away....