AVIC411.com

2009.02.1 iGO Maps Europe

Confirmed, you need the hacked z-rider, only thing is, this slows down the startup of the f700. WHat is exactly hacked? Maybe one can just rename the license file?

The only thing the hack does is allow other license files to be used, so it can't really make start up slower. Of course if new content is larger, it might take a bit longer to load...

Luka -- just seartch this forum for EZRider and licenses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I downloaded the maps of Europe I need, only it's not working.

Which license do I have to put in which map, the IGO/Content map or IGO/Content/License?

Now only my major roads of Eastern Europe is working but I never come there... :?

Thanks,

Rubben

Hi guys,

I downloaded the maps of Europe I need, only it's not working.

Which license do I have to put in which map, the IGO/Content map or IGO/Content/License?Rubben

APL2 :arrow: iGO :arrow: LICENSE

Guys

Really want one of these units either the f700bt of the f900bt but i want to buy the US version as its alot cheaper can the Europe maps be put onto the US version and is it easy to do. I could really do with some help on this. Its the first time ive used the site also so have probably posted this in the wrong place please Pm me with the info if you have it

Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I renamed the Austria8.0TA_2009.02.1_090429.fbl to Austria.fbl and put it in the map folder

I got newez4avic.zip, put the "GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic" from the zip to the license folder

I have overwritten the ezrider with the one from this archive.

Now when I reboot the unit there is no Austrian map any more. Only the major routes from the MajorRoute file.

Can anyone please give me some advice I have no idea what I did wrong.

(I put back the old Austria.fbl and all went fine again)

I can only imagine that the lic file or the hacked ezrider are somehow borked... which ones do you use?

Help would be really apreciated.

Hi Guys

I renamed the Austria8.0TA_2009.02.1_090429.fbl to Austria.fbl and put it in the map folder

I got newez4avic.zip, put the "GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic" from the zip to the license folder

Now when I reboot the unit there is no Austrian map any more. Only the major routes from the MajorRoute file.

I can only imagine that the lic file or the hacked ezrider are somehow borked... which ones do you use?

you forgot the cracked ez-rider!

Guys

Really want one of these units either the f700bt of the f900bt but i want to buy the US version as its alot cheaper can the Europe maps be put onto the US version and is it easy to do. I could really do with some help on this. Its the first time ive used the site also so have probably posted this in the wrong place please Pm me with the info if you have it

Thanks so much

Take in consideration, that is has a different radiotuner, which doesn't allow even (xxx.2;xxx.4) etc frequency's, which we've got a lot here in europe!

Hi Guys

you forgot the cracked ez-rider!

Nope I used the one from the newez4avic.zip. Overwrote the one in the igo folder but didnt work.

I also tried the one from another posting here the hacked ezrider 2.005 for EU. Didnt work either.

Which ezrider and lic files do you use?

Oh and thanx for the reply :D

I think I got it working now. What I did:

I deleted the original Austria.fbl and copied over the Austria8.0TA_2009.02.1_090429.fbl map. And guess what: It works. But as soon as I rename the Austria8.0TA_2009.02.1_090429.fbl to Austria.fbl it stops working.

I checked the map Info in IGO and it says 2009.2.1 as I hoped.

Strange stuff. So anyway if somebody has the same issues: try that. Dont rename anything.

Renaming the new Maps and overwriting the old ones doesnt seem to work. At least not for me. Deleting the old ones and keeping the new filenames does.

I just wonder why this is so... :roll:

Sorry to ask silly questions but I have decided that all I want to do is upgrade the maps etc rather than do a full mod.

I have already downloaded 2009.02.01 maps, poi and building files and have copies of the licence and hacked ezrider files. I have already made a backup copy of the entire flash drive and constructed a speedcam.txt file.

Am I write in saying that if I copy the:

1. maps to /apl2/igo/content/map (not deleting any of the existing maps)

2. ezrider to /apl2/igo

3. licence to /apl2/igo/content/igo/license

the system will run exactly as before, but with more up-to-date maps.

Thereafter, I am thinking of copying:

1. poi to mitacap/apl2/igo/content/poi

2. buildings to /apl2/igo/content/building

3. speedcam.txt to /apl2/igo/content/speedcam

but I am not sure whether I should delete existing files to avoid duplications.

I would be grateful for an ok to the first part, and thoughts on the second part.

Thanks

Colin

1. maps to /apl2/igo/content/map (not deleting any of the existing maps)

2. ezrider to /apl2/igo

3. licence to /apl2/igo/content/igo/license

Colin

Number 3 should be /apl2/igo/icense

If you copy speedcam file to content/speedcam, delete an existing .SPDB file from there.