AVIC411.com

2009.02.1 iGO Maps Europe

Sounds about right. Thats what I did at least. But you can delete the old maps if you have 1) Backups and 2) copied newer verions on the avic.

The storage on the AVIC internal memory is limitted and there is no room to have the old and the new versions of the map. At least for all the euro maps. Dont know about US version.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first attemp at a mod and updated the UK Map and buildings only. I had to change the hacked EZRIDER file as the first hacked one downloaded made the system hang.

I found that:

1. When I left the original Pioneer UK map on the system by the side of thye uploaded 2009 UK map, I could see both maps on the 'About' screen. I have now deleted the original Pioneer map.

2. If I deleted the original licence file, the system hung at start up, but if I re-install the original licence file, all works ok. Is this because I have both old Pioneer maps as well as one 2009 map?

Grateful for any comment, as this may be evidence that I haven't done it right.

Thanks

Colin

so if you already did a hack with the ezrider crack and that newer license, do you simple copy over the new map? also, which map do i need? im gonna be using a lot of the europe maps, but i cant figure out which file i need to download, the otm or whatever

Try looking here http://www.volny.cz/sstopar/mio_mapy_igo8.html

All the maps are compatible with our version of IGO 8.0, and there are both OTM and TA maps. I tried both and havent really noticed any differences besides.

Sorry but i'm a bit baffled by all this.....i have downloaded all the files and put just the uk map onto an sd card but my F900 can't see it....i have even copied into the map folder on the F900 but still no luck :( am i doing something wrong or do i need to do something else??

Thanks in Advance

Daz.

My first attemp at a mod and updated the UK Map and buildings only. I had to change the hacked EZRIDER file as the first hacked one downloaded made the system hang.

I am now working with original Pioneer license and hacked ezrider. All ok, I think, but I cannot see the newly installed buildings although both 3dc and 3dl files are loaded. I have tried alternative license files Asbis_PNA_EEU@0807_(NNG+TA,_WEUMRE)_ASBISGPS450.lic and GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic without any luck. The latter of these made the system crash on boot-up!

Does anyone know whether the lack of buildings is an ezrider or license issue?

Thanks

Colin

Sorry but i'm a bit baffled by all this.....i have downloaded all the files and put just the uk map onto an sd card but my F900 can't see it....i have even copied into the map folder on the F900 but still no luck :( am i doing something wrong or do i need to do something else??

Thanks in Advance

Daz.

you have to go into testmode to be able to copy that over

Thanks in Advance

Daz.

you have to go into testmode to be able to copy that over

Indeed this is what i have done, i have copied it into the correct folder but all it does is show the basemap with no streets :(

Does anyone know whether the lack of buildings is an ezrider or license issue?

Colin

Still trying to understand why I cannot see buildings, but am now wondering whether perhaps I haven't been somewhere where there are buildings in the 3dc file to be seen. Does anyone know whether it is possible to interrogate the file or can anyone in the UK tell me where buildings can be seen?

Thanks

Colin

• 6 months later...