AVIC411.com

$99 Lifetime MSN Direct

Good Call.

$99 price:

http://www.msndirect.com/pricing.aspx

Somebody needs to tell Amazon.

I tried to find the part of the website that says how long they guarantee the service up until. I'd hate for them to roll out something completely similar but incompatible in 2011.

Bottom of the page on MSNDirect.com...

Guaranteed until at least January 1, 2014. You have a while, and by then, you may possibly be looking to upgrade systems anyway. And I think that's the idea.

Also, as far as I can see, you can't just buy the service directly from MSN... you HAVE to buy it from Amazon or Best Buy, which blows since they're both $130, instead of MSN's advertised price of $99.

Good Call.

$99 price:

http://www.msndirect.com/pricing.aspx

Somebody needs to tell Amazon.

I tried to find the part of the website that says how long they guarantee the service up until. I'd hate for them to roll out something completely similar but incompatible in 2011.

Bottom of the page on MSNDirect.com...

Guaranteed until at least January 1, 2014. You have a while, and by then, you may possibly be looking to upgrade systems anyway. And I think that's the idea.

Also, as far as I can see, you can't just buy the service directly from MSN... you HAVE to buy it from Amazon or Best Buy, which blows since they're both $130, instead of MSN's advertised price of $99.

If you select "Renew" in your account, it allows your to buy the one-time payment directly from MSN.

That is not true... you can buy off of MSN Direct site.

That is not true... you can buy off of MSN Direct site.

link?

Can't provide link. Like I said two posts up, you can just click "Renew" from your MSN accout or "Renew" on the upper right corner of the MSN Direct homepage http://www.msndirect.com.

So the trick is to install the gps, then use your activation code to buy it through the site? You can't buy it in advance.

Right... you can't activate MSN without having the device code. Once you do have it, though, you can renew directly from MSN, and it does show the price to be 99.99 right now.

So the trick is to install the gps, then use your activation code to buy it through the site? You can't buy it in advance.

Right... you can't activate MSN without having the device code. Once you do have it, though, you can renew directly from MSN, and it does show the price to be 99.99 right now.

Thank you sir :)

I just called their toll free number, gave them my 20 digit code, and the charge was $101. Why the extra $, I have no idea. Maybe a state communications tax or something. The point is, it was working 20 mins later, & still is. $100 now for lifetime. Can't wait for the upgrade to get the other 3 msn channels. It must be hackable though. I'm NOT putting up with that parking brake message EVERY time I start my car.

Harvey Gordon