AVIC411.com

Removing the backup camera warning message

I just noticed that the warning is still there when the unit is booting. It is NOT there after that. I guess it runs another program during boot that also needs to be modified.

//Tomi B.

There is more of this text in the video EXE file.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that the warning is still there when the unit is booting. It is NOT there after that. I guess it runs another program during boot that also needs to be modified.

//Tomi B.

What line is this text found? (it's still in the av.exe file?) I searched for it, but couldn't find another spot where it was.

I tried it and the reverse image still comes on. Did I miss something? The image is not as dark as before.

Sorry, didn't quite catch that. Do you mean that you can still see the image from the camera or the "CAUTION: IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED" text at the top of the screen?

You'll currently still get the text during boot up. It seems the text is also in another file which is active while the unit is starting up.

//Tomi B.

Thanks. It does go away after it is done booting. Great Job!

//Tomi B.

What line is this text found? (it's still in the av.exe file?) I searched for it, but couldn't find another spot where it was.

It's around 06ba0 i replaced the caractors with spaces just like in the Av exe and the message is totally gone now even on boot up here is the file.

Video.zip

Would this modified file would work to remove the message on the F700BT? Has anyone tried it? Should be the same file right??

I have done this on my 700bt and it works perfectly. Just make sure to back up your original av.exe file!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a RAR file containing both the Av.exe and Video.exe files. These files are ones I edited myself from the 3.0 update currently installed on my F700. I do NOT know if they will work on other models (but they should)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES IN CASE YOU NEED TO RESTORE!

Unrar them (use WinRAR) and place both on your SD card (along with the testmode folder)

Boot with the SD card and copy both files to the APL directory on My Flash Disk

Remove SD card and reboot

Many thanks to Tomi B. for discovering this, and Easty for finding the duplicate in Video.exe!... :mrgreen:

-Eric

Av_Video.rar