AVIC411.com

VR Voice Recognition not working properly

Ok, so i have noticed that on my f90bt EVERY time i say an artist/album for my ipod, the unit would most def 100% repeat EXACTLY what I said, BUT it would completely pull a way wrong artist/album.

I would say...."Play album...From Nothin to Something" and it would repeat "playing album..from nothing to something" BUT then it would pull up Artist Eminem, album slim shady LP.

What is wrong with this all the sudden? it used to work, now it doesn't. i have the VR catalog updated, and turned off. the unit repeats what i say, but plays whatever it wants to.

please...can ANYONE help me with this?

Well that is really weird because my last f90bt unit,before i replaced it, it did work perfectly!

This kinda defeats the purpose of voice recognition if it cant play the right song.

Does anyone know a fix for this or have a suggestion? Please..?!??

ok can someone plz put some input or feedback or solution to this. its kinda disappointing that as much as i have contributed to other ppl's problems and helped w/ solution, only 1 person can answer to my problem.

come on guys....help me out plz

• 3 weeks later...

Have you added or removed songs and/or videos to/from the ipod? If so you need to allow the unit to update the iPod VR catolougue.

It seems that sometimes, when you make changes to the data on the iPod it throws off the whole VR. Samantha will repeat the correct song/artist etc, but then play the incorrect song.

Hope this helps.

As for the poster above who is having problems with contacts, sounds like you need to perform the contacts hack. Search the site for it and you'll find detailed instructions.

wow thanks to both of you. i have done it and it work(ed). however now it actually says "playing all artists" no matter what i say...BUT it did work for like 3 times, then the car was turned off (after the vr update) and nothing had been modified on the ipod since.