AVIC411.com

ELECTRONIC TREASURES - FRAUD!!!

This vendor sells through Google Check-out, and has a cheesy web site at [url=http://www.electronictreasures.com]www.electronictreasures.com[/url].

I ordered an AVIC Z-1 for $1214.00. After [i]THREE WEEKS[/i] they delivered a box full of rattling [u]electronic JUNK[/u]... An old car speaker and some packs of speaker wire - not even any packing foam!! They did this only in an attempt to "prove" to others online that they really did ship the product. (I exposed them on vendor feedback at Google).

My credit card co. says I'll get my $ back (thank you VISA!), but this has been an absolute nightmare. I have a thread of 25 messages or so between me and somebody at this so-called "company" - and it's almost laughable (if it weren't so painful).

[b]BEWARE OF DEALS THAT ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... PURCHASE FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ONLY.[/b]
Oh Man, sorry that you had to be the one to find out, but thanks for coming back here and letting us all know. I too emailed Electronic Treasures and this was their immediate response:

Hi,

Yes all of our products are brand new, unopened and we never sell any refurbished or returned items. I really can't tell you why we don't have a rating. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank You.
-------------------
And I think you're right. If it sounds too good to be true, then ......
[quote name="tillithz"]man, didnt a red flag come up with the low price alone? you get no sympathy from me especially since your getting your money back. but yes, thank you for your experience, though you "should" have known better.[/quote]

I disagree. It could have happened to anyone. Those slimeballs out there put up "fly by night" websites, and just try to lure us into giving them our money. I think it is great that he came back here and tried to warn everyone else. He didn't have to do that, and he didn't have to "risk" getting any crap from us about it either.
yep, good job on coming back and posting. well, not anyone... many people have common sense to know that you get what you pay for.... but please dont dismiss the ignorance and lack of common sense that it was $1200. Maybe if someone didnt hold his hand and gave some constructive criticism about such decisions, he would possibly use that in the future. Im sure this makes sense since there are many threads here alone about such things. enjoy
Thanks for the appreciation of my post... I believe that a lot of scams are allowed to continue because those who are taken advantage of are too embarrassed to admit it. (They are usually the same people who bash those who [i]are[/i] man enough). :lol:

I do order thousands of dollars worth of products over the 'net every year, and this is the first time I've been scammed like this. On the day I ordered from Electronic Treasures I was in a huge hurry to fly out of town... [b]lesson learned!! [/b] I will post here when I have my charge reversed (or when the saga continues) for those who would like the benefit of knowing how transactions like this are handled by Visa.

Anyway, I did get the Z1 from [url]http://www.mytaxfree.com[/url] for $1449. It came on time, as ordered. I wouldn't give this vendor a "10", because I had to follow-up a few times to make it happen as expected. Total price after shipping, installation, et. al. was $1,799. Not bad for a unit that still sells at local stores for $2,200 alone! 8)

My new Avic was installed in my 2006 Acura RSX Type-S on Friday, and I absolutely LOVE IT. I have the bluetooth and iPod adapaters - both work extremely well (although I agree that the iPod interface could be a little better... why didn't they give us a search by title option??).
[quote name="billyinlilla"]Glad it all worked out.
Anyone have e bay experience? I odered a TV Tuner oct 28 and it is one week later without being shipped! Contacted them they say it is being shipped from another location![/quote]

eBay sellers (and all online vendors for that matter) have up to 30 days to ship your item as per FTC rules. If you paid by PayPal, and the seller wants to stay protected by PayPal, they have 7 days to ship your item.

Most sellers ship way before the 30 day mark, but be advised they have 30 days to get you your item.

Any other ?s, feel free to PM me.
  • 3 weeks later...
I purchased my Avic-Z1 from a vendor on E-Bay for $1625. That included free shipping and free wiring harness. I got it 10 days after the end of auction. So the Too Good To Be True is not always a thing to go by.

I'd say I got a pretty good deal and I'd probably do business with them again and feel really confident.
I purchased my N3 off Ebay for under $1000.00 shipped/insured. Brand new, not refurbed. It came in less than a week as promised, brand new, never out of box. There are deals to be had but there are also ppl out there trying to scam our money out of us. Bottom line, buyer beware!!
Shawn