AVIC411.com

The Pioneer Road Show is Over.

What new features are we talking about for the new Z? Voice control of the nav software?

Other than that I really don't see what they would add. I'm hoping to be surprised.

Well they didnt let me touch the unit...bastards...but the interface and software is like the F900 or should i say the new X910 they have new easy to use menu system....where u can drag and drop icons to your quick pick menu...which is kinda like the most recently used sources...for example IPOD, USB, CD, NAVIGATE, HOME, ADDRESS book....and so forth...you can move the icons around on the main menu....kinda hard to explain...there should be a video out for it next week showing how this function works....and then they got the bluetooth builtin with echo cancelling....and i forget the rest...

As for map updates i have no clue...i didnt ask..sorry...

...only downfall is that they got rid of the 30GB hardrive

So does that mean that there is no storage for media at all. So this new z unit will basically be a x/f with a large screen.

yup they have removed the hardrive completely...

...This year I'll have a HD Camcorder with me for some great first hand HD footage!

If you can record the presentation that would probably answer a bulk of everyone's questions but I would imagine they don't want you doing that.

...This year I'll have a HD Camcorder with me for some great first hand HD footage!

If you can record the presentation that would probably answer a bulk of everyone's questions but I would imagine they don't want you doing that.

I'll record as much as I can. I'll find out the specifics once I get there.

Hey guys. Gota question. Does anyone have any info on price for the new units? I wanted to buy a f90bt, but decided to wait 'til the new units come out. Do you think these new units will be cheaper, or around the same price? I've seen the f90bt online from $400-649. thanks :D

Safe travel!!! Cant wait for your updates, but most importantly please ask about any new firmware updates for "last" years models, when they expect and what they corrected. Also if you wouldnt mind bugging them about the rebooting issue wiht the F90bt (and others). Mine is acting up again... :evil:

Notice you flew out of Tampa, where in the area are you? I'm Gville and if Tampa would love to visit your business..

take care

Pete

AVIC411 has arrived at the airport! It's 5am eastern, flight leaves at 6am!

Update: In Atlanta, waiting about 45min for the connection to Long Beach!

iPhone pics so far: http://www.flickr.com/photos/avic411

Wahoooo!!!! Can't wait - this is almost as exciting as the WWDC last week. Please ask them if the new hardware/OS will work with any of the new iPhone 3Gs feature, or any iPhone OS3 features. :mrgreen: