AVIC411.com

The Pioneer Road Show is Over.

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that the Pioneer Road Show is this Saturday the 13th! This is where Pioneer will release all the new AVIC Navigation Units.

I'll be flying out Saturday morning to Long Beach, and the show begins that afternoon. Be sure to stay tuned for the latest news and updates. This year I'll have a HD Camcorder with me for some great first hand HD footage!

ive heard the changes are as follows

F700 transitions into X-710...with 3.0 software and a black knob instead of the silver

F900 transitions into X910...with 3.0 software and a black knob instead of the silver

Z series is all redesigned with the same look as the X series with built in bluetooth but no 30GB hard drive. its going to be called the Z110.

Hey JasonH can you ask Pioneer when they plan on releasing the new 2009 maps for the Z/N/D series and any kind of info on what the upgrades consist please??? And is it possible to also find out if they are still using TeleAtlas or moving to NAVTEQ

Hey JasonH can you ask Pioneer when they plan on releasing the new 2009 maps for the Z/N/D series and any kind of info on what the upgrades consist please??? And is it possible to also find out if they are still using TeleAtlas or moving to NAVTEQ

They are still using the TELE atlas maps on the new X-series and the new Z110....dont know anything about them transitioning to NAVTEQ....and even if it is...its definitely not happening this year.

Damn, just ordered a F900... Sure hope the 3.0 firmware also supports the "old" unit.

Im sure the 3.0 software will support the older models or perhaps you should upgrade to the ALL NEW Z-series, the Z110. Its really cool and you will love the features and all the new patented technology it comes with, cant wait to get my hands on them...only downfall is that they got rid of the 30GB hardrive

They are still using the TELE atlas maps on the new X-series and the new Z110....dont know anything about them transitioning to NAVTEQ....and even if it is...its definitely not happening this year.

With that said, what about the release dates for these 2009 maps(hopefully upgrade maps), any word on a release date or just have to wait???